St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with the mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of residents in the communities of North Brooklyn through its work in five main areas: housing, healthcare, workforce development, economic development and youth and education.
The Youth and Education Operations Coordinator provides support in the areas of contract/grant management, payroll/personnel administration, office management/purchasing and related administrative duties for growing Youth and Education division. The Operations Coordinator reports to the Business Manager and works closely with staff across Youth and Education, Fiscal and Human Resources.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Contract and Grants Management
· Provide clerical support for contact and grants proposal submittal and registration.
· Assist the Business Manager with monthly budget vs. actual analysis and forecasts to ensure spending aligns with budgetary allocations and policies.
· Prepare monthly reports to update deputy and program directors (management) on staff vacancies, overages, or under spending on their individual budgets.
· Participate in budget modification, program reports, or contract closing processes.
Office Management and Purchasing
· Assist program staff with ordering and distributing office supplies, program materials, furniture, equipment, etc.; ensure orderly office and storage spaces.
· Troubleshoot office maintenance issues – utilities, access, internet, copy machine, etc.
· Review back up documentation for existence and accuracy (invoice, purchase orders, packing slips). Prepare payment voucher and liaise with Fiscal department to ensure timely and correct vendor reimbursement.
· Process incoming and outgoing correspondence such as FedEx, mailings, and interoffice communications for Division.
Payroll and Personnel Administration
· Participate actively in the new employment process by preparing hire/termination letters and internal company modification forms for all part-time employees.
· Maintain staff schedules with updated pay rates and program allocations.
· Administer staff clearances to ensure compliance to SACC and DOE regulations. Directly responsible to complete: DOE Personnel Employment Tracking System (“PETS”) search, DOH Waiver submittal, Statewide Central Register (“SCR”) database check, and Staff Exclusion List (“SEL”) check. Responsible to maintain central information system and personnel files with documentation related to the above clearances.
· Liaise with directors, staff, and Human Resources to resolve employee payroll and timesheet issues (currently over 250 part-time and full-time employees)
· Manage new hire applications, including placing new hire advertisements, sorting of youthresumes.com, and sorting and printing of incoming resumes.
· Coordinate resources and information for division-wide efforts.
· Make phone calls on routine inquiries, schedule group meetings, conduct outreach.
· Provide logistical support for program events, such as ordering food, organizing supplies, securing space. Provide assistance in organizing program trips, places bus orders and cancelations.
· Pick up and deliver documents from programs and partners as needed.
· Provide general assistance to managerial staff in the Division as needed.
St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with the mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of residents in the communities of North Brooklyn through its work in five…