The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in creating an engaged, productive, and positive workplace. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional HR areas: payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Administers human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
• Conducts recruitment and selection effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee orientations; and writes and places advertisements.
• Maintains the organization structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Process bi-weekly payroll through TriNet.
• Administers the compensation and benefit program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
• Manage employee relations by addressing and resolving employee issues promptly, effectively, and objectively while complying with applicable laws and policies.
• Handles employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Maintains human resource information records, files, and compiles reports from HR systems.
• Develop a strong productive, working relationship with TriNet (Professional Employer Organization) on HR related issues.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential. QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision, and culture of PowerPlay NYC
• Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources and/or Recruitment experience
• A highly ethical professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to keep sensitive information confidential
• Ability to multi-task, works collaboratively, and maintains focus in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
• Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
• Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
• Detail oriented, accurate, and laser-focused on supporting internal processes & systems
• Experience working with a PEO is a plus
• Non- profit experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
• Intermediate or better proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
• Knowledge of utilizing Google Drive to receive and share documents
• Knowledge of Stratus Time Platform a plus
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but occasionally noisy. It is an open office floor plan.
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in creating an engaged, productive, and positive workplace. This position carries out…