Formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC), Vibrant Emotional Health’s groundbreaking solutions have delivered high quality services and support, when, where and how people need it for over 50 years. Through our state-of-the-art technology-enabled services, community wellness programs, and advocacy and education work, we are building a society in which emotional wellness can be a reality for everyone.
Provides vocational support services to emotionally and behaviorally challenged youth ages 16-21. Facilitates the development of a network of employers to support ASC employment efforts. Responsible for conducting individualized assessments and internship/employment placements.
Reports to: Elizabeth Kotkin LMFT, Director YES Adolescent Skills Center
Identifying potential labor markets that are appropriate for ASC youth and maintain frequent face to face contact with employers. Promote and market the advantages of employing ASC youth. Responsible for natural supports in the workplace, retention and transition strategies, job coaching, financial literacy and benefits planning/management.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Researching industry and labor market trends, internet sources, newspapers, job boards, and conduct cold calls to identify job leads. Maintain a database of jobs, hiring events, job fairs and an inventory of current and potential employers.
- Coordination of employment opportunities. Matching youth with employment sites that are within the youth’s capabilities and employment interests.
- Assist with negotiating accommodations in the workplace, where needed. Maintaining frequent communication with both youth and their employers in order to provide necessary supports and assess job performance. Act as an advocate and complete reports and documentation in a timely manner.
- Provides counseling for consumers and their families to foster support.
- Provides pre-placement, follow-up, and job development service hours to acquire and maintain successful competitive employment opportunities for referred consumers in compliance with the requirements of funding sources.
*This does not limit the assignment of duties or exclude the performance of other duties not mentioned, as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum of a BA degree in a related field with at least 2 years of vocational experience providing employment/vocational services to young adults.
- MA in Mental Health or Marriage and Family Counseling preferred.
- Supervision for license hours available.
Vibrant Emotional Health is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available.
Minimum Education Required