Social Services- Spanish/English Family Team Conference Facilitator
- Job posted by The New York Foundling
590 Avenue of the Americas
If you are a service-oriented individual and desire a thoroughly rewarding career where you have the ability to make a difference in the lives of children and families in your community, we invite you to join our team by applying for one of our employment opportunities.
We are currently seeking Bilingual Facilitators (English/Spanish) for our Preventive Services programs. The Bilingual Facilitators will travel to and work at their assigned borough(s)/ region(s), including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and/or Staten Island.
Join a growing organization with opportunities for advancement!
- Conduct all non-ACS facilitated conferences. Keep an organized calendar that includes all initial and rescheduled conferences
- Schedule family conferences (i.e. via invite and/or notice letters). Conduct a minimum of 3 family conferences (1 ½ - 2 hours) daily, in the client’s home or at assigned agency office(s)
- Facilitate and lead the process for engaging families, community members, and service providers using Solution Based Casework practice approach in critical decisions related to safety and risk
- Provide assessment, engagement, case management and other support services which help ensure that children have strong families to grow up in and have the preparation and opportunity to succeed in school and life
- Ensure responsive action is taken to address families’ needs, accurate and prompt communication and delivery of services in a respectful and culturally appropriate manner
- Work flexible schedule to meet needs of families and social workers
- Create, in partnership with the families, service plans for families and children which address safety, behavioral, educational, and psychological and permanency needs
- Review all client’s notes and contact pre-conference and ensure documentation in the databases post conference on a timely matter
- Accurately records FTC information and decisions on designated forms and in Connections and provide a copy of the report to all conference participants
- Collaborate with internal and external service providers and other stakeholders through clear and concise timely, verbal and written communication
- Participate in weekly to bi-weekly supervision and actively work on development goals. Participate in staff meetings, any other related events/seminar and/or funding sources workshops
- Other duties as assigned
- MA/MS in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and other related disciplines
- Minimum two years of experience with child welfare casework and system in New York City
- Minimum two years of experience working with birth families and foster parents
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Willing to work some evenings and/or weekends
- Evidence Based Models knowledge
- Familiarity/knowledge of community and its resources
- There are times conference might be held “out of office, home, hospital and etc.
How to Apply:
- We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying on our website at www.nyfoundling.org/about/jobs/.
- 20 days Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 403B retirement plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discounted Gym membership and other perks benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required