4301 Connecticut Ave. NW
General Position Overview:
Genetic Alliance has multiple project teams with a variety of tasks, partners, and funders. The Coordinator will span two different project areas to provide day-to-day support, draft documents and reports, and building our initiatives and capacity.
One area is Expecting Health, a maternal and child health initiative aimed at convening key partners and communicating actionable information in a way that makes sense for families, communities, and systems. Another piece of the role is to support tasks for the National Patient-Centered Clinical Research Network (PCORnet) Coordinating Center. Genetic Alliance is spearheading efforts to build engagement and network capacity and provide logistical and technical support to the Network overall.
The Coordinator will be vital in contributing meaningfully to the development of these projects, drafting resources, building partners and engaging tools, and providing technical assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work across teams to develop and execute projects aimed at building PCORnet and Expecting Health infrastructure and organization of partners.
· Support project activities, including developing documents, organizing meetings, and planning webinars and phone calls.
· Coordinate recurring calls and meetings and track discussions around program progress and accomplishments.
· Develop spreadsheets, tracking tools, and manage project systems.
· Draft site content, surveys, reports, materials, presentations, abstracts, and documents.
· Conduct online research and translate findings into clear documents.
· Provide administrative and logistical support to PCORnet Coordinating Center and Expecting Health teams.
· Other duties as assigned.
Genetic Alliance's mission requires that we think outside-the-box and inspire our network of partners to do the same. In order to transform entrenched systems and draw people out of their comfort zone, Genetic Alliance has focused on creating a culture of openness. This culture is an important part of our internal and external process, in the need for honesty and transparency in all that we do, and in the requirement that staff push themselves and grow both personally and professionally.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Eagerness to grow/evolve in role with a self-directed approach.
· A “growth” mindset and eagerness to build upon skillset and knowledge.
· Consistency in preparedness and ability to fill in if needed.
· Proactive, takes initiative, and plays an active role in tasks; anticipating and acting on team and project needs.
· Familiarity with online survey, scheduling, and collaboration platforms, such as SurveyMonkey, Asana, and Google Docs.
· Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office programs—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Comfortable with social sharing and blogging tools.
· Thrives in a fast-paced and stimulating environment where priorities may shift rapidly.
· Able to work independently and in a team when needed.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Able to communicate need for assistance or guidance clearly and precisely.
· Communicates clearly and confidently to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build new relationships with range of stakeholders.
· Superior organization and time management skills with special attention to detail.
· Transitions efficiently between different projects and activities.
· Experience coordinating meetings, teleconferences, and electronic forums.
· Background in outreach, education, communications, research, and/or public health.
· Proficiency in Spanish.
· Public speaking experience; comfortable providing project updates both internally and with external partners.
· Proficiency in Adobe graphics suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop; other online visual platforms.
Paid vacation, health, and holidays; generous medical insurance and long-term disability; employer-matched 403b plan; life insurance; transportation deduction
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
No Phone Calls Please
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of the organization will be considered applicants and will receive responses from Genetic Alliance.
Genetic Alliance provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Genetic Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.