Details: Salary is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
We’re currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator / Driver to serve as the first point of contact for our San Jose office, creating a warm and welcoming space for participants and visitors. This position will support and help manage all administrative and operational tasks in the office and serve as a driver for and supervisor of an offsite work crew when needed. You may be the ideal candidate if you demonstrate a “can do” attitude, love driving results through teamwork, and enjoy jumping into support when needed for an organization with an impactful mission.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Tipping Point Community, the James Irvine Foundation, and the S.H. Cowell Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You’re interested in working for a social justice-focused, fast-paced, and results-oriented nonprofit and come to CEO with 2-4 years of related experience.
- You pride yourself in your ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences.
- You recognize the value of continuous communication, looping others into project status and any challenges that arise
- You have a valid driver's license and are comfortable with driving a 12 passenger van with a trailer attached
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to delegate, prioritize, and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines
- You take pride in the spot-on accuracy of your work and ability to juggle multiple priorities to deadlines
- You enjoy proactively raising potential solutions when you notice an inefficiency or challenge
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce, with a demonstrated ability to navigate or learn to navigate technological systems quickly.
- You’re able to:
- Consistently lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
- Stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Administrative Coordinator / Driver will include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing all front desk / reception administrative functions
- Serving as the point person for phone calls and incoming visitors and clients
- Reviewing and entering data in Salesforce; maintaining and updating participant records in the system
- Distributing bus tokens and other materials to participants at the direction of team members
- Maintaining accurate participant records and recording changes when needed in our database
- Communicating with participants and case managers, including parole officers, about program attendance
- Performing other tasks and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time
Site Supervisor Responsibilities
- Leading and motivating a team and resolving conflicts constructively
- Ensuring customers’ work orders are completed to a high standard on a daily basis
- Establishing and maintaining positive staff morale through modeling of sound leadership and teamwork
- Assigning job duties to crew members and setting reasonable goals for completion
- Monitoring crew members on job performance and productivity, providing appropriate feedback and/or additional training as needed
- Maintaining line of sight of all participants
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations and by reporting any matters that threaten the smooth operation of the training crew to your supervisor
- Completing any necessary daily reporting tasks
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
CEO also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application materials, including a resume and cover letter, using the link provided. Please note: our application portal is optimized for use with Google Chrome.