330 7th Avenue
Help For Children
Events & Systems Coordinator
Description: Help For Children (HFC) is an international nonprofit dedicated to raising money and funding programs that are focused on preventing and treating child abuse. Through a large network of active volunteers, Committee members, and Board members in association with a staff of 7 based in New York City, fundraising and grant making is conducted in the US, Canada, UK, the Cayman Islands, BVI, Ireland, and Hong Kong.
We are currently seeking an Events & Systems Manager, who will report directly to the Director of Development & Events. The Events & Systems Manager is primarily responsible for executing fundraising events in multiple cities and database maintenance.
- Regional Events
- Work with the Event Committee & Board Members to create and support all aspects of annual events, including attending all meetings (on-site or telephonically)
- Manage RSVP and revenue lists
- Prepare marketing materials and forms
- Execute and wrap up events
- Assist with event budget preparation and revenue detail
- Raisers Edge (RE) Database
- Act as the RE Database Administrator (main point of contact)
- Liaise with RE on system issues
- Input and process gifts
- Generate acknowledgement letters
- Clean up data as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members on ongoing projects such as social media efforts
- Experience building and maintaining internal and external partnerships
- Experience coordinating logistics for high-profile events
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with strategic industry partners
- Supports donor engagement by managing HFC’s social media platforms.
- 2-3 years’ experience in event management preferred
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Candidate must be a creative thinker with the ability to conceptualize new ideas and flexibility to work in a small office with a fast-paced environment and multiple, changing deadlines
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally on the phone, by email, and in person with all levels of donors, members, staff, and the general public
- Confident self-starter, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small staff
How to Apply: We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation and staff development opportunities. We invite you to join our dedicated team by sending your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to GlobalOffice@HFC.org. Please indicate “Events & Systems Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation and staff development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We invite you to join our dedicated team by sending your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to GlobalOffice@HFC.org. Please indicate “Events & Systems Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.