The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking an experienced Director of Member Services. The Director develops and executes a proactive membership strategy to continue to engage our current members and attract new ones. The Director will seek opportunities to build communities within the membership and will work cross departmentally to ensure that individual membership and organizational membership strategies are synergistic. The Director has primary responsibility for overseeing all individual member-related programs and projects, the development of member services, and the integration of professional working groups into the association structure. Member service activities include recruitment and retention of individual members, maintenance of association management databases and member platforms, and the career center. The position reports to the Vice President of Membership.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
• Thorough understanding of association member services and programs within a member focused non-profit organization
• Highly competent with AMS/CRM software (NETFORUM preferred) and data tools (e.g. Power BI, Nucleus), familiarity with social media and e-communication tools, plus strong MS Office skills
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing integrated association membership programs and initiatives, and using and analyzing data to understand current membership needs and to predict future membership opportunities
• Proven relationship builder with the ability to quickly earn the respect of multiple constituencies, both internally and externally
• Project management experience with the ability to manage and oversee multiple projects, working collaboratively with other staff and departments to accomplish successful results on deadline and on budget
• Must be able to travel to the annual symposium; possible other occasional travel
The full job posting can be found at https://www.amia.org/about-amia/careers-amia.
AMIA is a 2017 When Work Works Award Winner and was recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace. AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at email@example.com. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified local candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.