Environmental Community Organizer (Full-time, Part-time & Internship positions)
- Job posted by Texas Campaign for the Environment
Details: $450/week+ (Full-time), $360/week+ (4 days), $270/week+ (3 days)
3303 Lee Parkway
The Trump Administration is rapidly chipping away at vital environmental protections, federal agencies and laws. The new Secretary of the Environmental Protection Agency (#PollutingPruitt) says human carbon emissions aren’t a major factor in climate change. Pipelines carrying explosive and hazardous fuels are running roughshod over Native American land. Landowners are being abused by multi-billion dollar corporate bullies who use eminent domain to seize their property.
It’s clear the Trump Administration has no desire to protect our health, environment, or future generations. We need strong leaders to take a stand. Will YOU step up?
TEXAS CAMPAIGN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT (TCE) envisions a Texas free from pollution. As the largest environmental group in Texas organizing support through door-to-door canvassing, we’ve gotten:
• Fort Worth-based Pier 1 Imports to phase out toxic flame retardants from their furniture
• Houston Mayor Annise Parker to bring curbside recycling to all Houston households
• Austin City Council to implement curbside composting city-wide
• Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• Part-time positions available (minimum 3 days per week; hours are still 2pm-10pm).
• $450/week+ (Full-time), $360/week+ (4 days), $270/week+ (3 days)
It is the policy of TCE to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
• Medical and dental insurance coverage
• Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
• Rapid advancement and management training
• Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
Level of Language Proficiency
-Bilingual skills a plus.
Minimum Education Required