870 Market Street, Suite 677
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Northern California Community Loan Fund (NCCLF) provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance deepening work, scaling impact, and strengthening our communities.
The Consulting Program provides technical assistance in financial management and real estate services for nonprofit organizations. Our team of consultants uses wisdom, industry expertise, and passion to improve nonprofit programs and services. Through strategic guidance and trainings, we identify and create effective strategy to secure the necessary resources that meet organizations’ day-to-day operational problems, as well as how to engage in long-term planning.
For more information on our programs and services, please visit our website at www.ncclf.org
The Consulting Program Assistant is a highly organized administrative support position. S/He supports the Consulting team by overseeing the administration of all consulting engagements; organizing client contracts and materials; tracking and ensuring compliance with government contract and foundation grant requirements; and coordinating workshops and materials. The Consulting Program Assistant works with a team of 10-12 consultants and analysts to monitor the status for each consulting project; prepare reports to funders and board members; track and prepare invoices; and draft and edit reports. The Consulting Program Assistant will be a knowledgeable database and Excel user who will create special reports to help analyze impact data.
A. Support for Consulting Team
- Work with consultants to prepare client contracts for service.
- Integrate client’s organizational information and scope of work into standard NCCLF contracts for service.
- Enter all consulting engagements and client information into Salesforce and manage status updates.
- Maintain pipeline status reports and calendar of NCCLF consulting engagements and workshops.
- Regularly review reports for data completeness and accuracy; follow up as needed to ensure data integrity.
- Write summaries of consulting projects and prepare reports.
- Assist Consultants with research, application preparation, and administrative tasks for consulting engagements and grant/funding proposals.
- Other special projects as assigned.
B. Contract Compliance and Invoicing Systems
- Track, monitor, and ensure compliance for all government contracts and foundation grants.
- Coordinate with staff at government agencies to facilitate contract applications, management, finalization, and invoicing.
- Manage time tracking software, track billing hours and prepare data for invoicing, and create invoices for distribution by Accounting Department.
- Track contract deliverables against invoicing status.
- Coordinate with Accounting Department to ensure financial records are accurate and consistent.
- Monitor and follow up with clients who have past due accounts.
C. Coordination of Consulting Workshops
- Manage all logistics for workshops and webinars, including, but not limited to, marketing, set-up of electronic registration, booking rooms, evaluating available technology and arranging for technology resources, arranging for signage and check-in, and preparing materials for attendees.
- Create and edit documents and materials in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat (PDF).
- Analyze participant evaluations to improve future presentations.
D. Program Administration
- Coordinate with NCCLF Development Department staff to generate marketing materials and business development strategies.
- Prepare reports for the Development and Finance departments and Board of Directors.
- Provide staff support to the Consulting Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Work with the Development staff to update Consulting Program’s web pages.
- Work with the Program Information and Evaluation staff to improve Consulting program systems for more efficient and effective usage of Salesforce and other systems.
E. General Office Administration
- Provide back up for Office Manager and Executive Assistant as needed in the areas of reception, mail, facilities, communications, and general staff support.
- Coordinate with other NCCLF departments to resolve day-to-day administrative or operational issues.
- Perform multi-faceted general office support.
- Order and receiving food deliveries.
- Coordinate logistics and set up for conferences and meetings.
- Managing paper and electronic files.
- Preparing business correspondence.
- Special projects as assigned.
· BA degree in business, finance, accounting, management or related field; or equivalent experience.
· At least two years of experience providing administrative support.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent verbal and writing skills.
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, Power Point, Adobe and Google Drive.
· Ability to produce professional quality work that meets agreed upon deadlines.
· Superior judgment and attention to details and deadlines.
· Willingness to be flexible regarding specific tasks and timelines.
· Strong team player skills and ability to work effectively in a cooperative and diverse environment.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Enthusiasm, entrepreneurial spirit, and a passionate commitment to work in community development and the nonprofit sector.
· Understanding of and ability to work with a range of nonprofit clients, which reflect the diversity of the Bay Area and Northern California.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. without assistance. Valid California Driver’s License for required driving.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Interest in commercial real estate or nonprofit finance management
- Experience with a Client Relationship Management software, such as Salesforce.
- GIS mapping skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary $52,500 - $60,000, plus an excellent benefits package including health, dental, retirement plan and three weeks of vacation.
Excellent benefits package including health, dental, retirement plan and three weeks of vacation.
Minimum Education Required