590 Avenue of the Americas
The Foundling’s Development and Communications Department is looking for an exceptionally organized and highly-motivated full-time Development and Communications Associate to join our 9-person team. This individual will report to the Vice President of Development and other senior members of the team, and will provide administrative support to the Development and Communications team. S/he will be the primary administrator for the department’s Raiser’s Edge NXT donor database and a key support in crafting organization communications. S/he will also assist with office management, financial tracking and reconciliation, scheduling, and other related administrative duties.
We are currently seeking a full-time Development and Communications Associate in our New York City location. The Development and Communications Associate will be responsible for:
Database Management and Donor Relations
· Responsible for database management and administration, including donor and donation data accuracy, including inputting, updating, maintaining, and retrieving donation and constituent data, reports, and records using Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT
· Act as the department’s database administrator, setting guidelines to ensure data integrity and troubleshooting and training other development staff on database functions.
· Process financial and in-kind contributions for submission to the Finance Department, and manage monthly and yearly reconciliation of donations.
· Prepare and proof accurate, timely and personalized donation acknowledgement letters and other regular donor correspondence.
· Support the creation of social media and website content and the execution of digital marketing campaigns
· Assist in the conceptualization, writing and development of branded collateral materials (e.g., quarterly e-newsletter, brochures, donor impact reports, and special event promotions)
· Draft internal communications, including the organization newsletter and information shared on The Foundling’s intranet site
· Provide general bookkeeping and administrative assistance for the office: completing check requests, purchase orders, office management and organization, filing, credit card reconciliation, invoices, timesheets, office supply purchasing, etc.
· Organize information and materials for meetings, reports, events and special projects.
· Sort incoming mail and coordinate external deliveries.
· Coordinate and execute in-house mailing campaigns.
· Assist with special events, including major fundraising events as well as staff gatherings and supporter receptions
· BA/BS degree required.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities, demonstrate a high degree of initiative, work independently and adhere to deadlines.
· Eye for detail: Ability to prepare and proofread materials, correspondence, proposals for submission.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work efficiently and quickly on diverse assignments.
· Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and data processing.
· Ability to work effectively independently as well as a member of a team.
· Ability to anticipate and satisfy internal (staff) and external (donor) needs.
· Intellectual curiosity and ability to think outside of the box to efficiently solve problems.
· Polished, professional and comfortable liaising with donors and other VIPs.
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database a plus.
· Experience working in fundraising, marketing, non-profit administration, or related field preferred.
· Possess an interest in social services.
The Foundling offers an industry-leading benefits package, including: 4 weeks of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, 403(B) retirement plan with savings match, tuition reimbursement program of up to $4000/year, regular professional development and training, significantly subsidized health insurance and employee wellness program. Apply now to join the greatest social service agency, where the work you do every day helps empower the children and families of New York!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly at https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=2920.