200 Pine Street
The Accounting Assistant shall be responsible for the day to day bookkeeping activities of Enterprise and shall assist and report to the Director of Finance. This position is part-time or full-time, non-exempt averaging 21-28 hours per week, and eligible for benefits & vacation.
Daily activities include but are not limited to the following:
· Recording Accounts Receivable into the correct accounts
· Producing Invoices necessary to collect Accounts Receivable
· Recording Accounts Payable into the correct accounts and preparing checks for signature
· Recording and reconciliation of bank, credit card and other accounts
· Reconciliation of Quickbooks to Donor Perfect (donation records)
· Collecting timesheets and payroll changes and processing Semi-Monthly payroll, including monthly and quarterly reconciliation with ADP
· Preparing, recording and making bank deposits
· Managing petty cash (including monthly booking and reconciliation)
· Calculating and booking expense allocations
· Assisting in preparation of financial reports including balance sheet, income statement, budget vs. actual reports, A/R and A/P aging and other requested reports
· Play a primary role in administration of Human Resources including new hire induction, changes to benefits, tracking of vacation and other time off, etc.
· Maintenance of accounting record files in an orderly fashion
· Assisting in preparing month-end close
· Purchasing and reconciling commuter checks
· Researching transactions
· Checking own work to ensure accuracy
· Entering budgets into Quickbooks and producing quarterly Budget vs. Actual Reports
· Using excel to perform analysis of various financial data
· Assisting in managing ticket sales at the San Francisco Fall Antiques Show (7 days in late October including Saturday and Sunday)
· Associates Degree in Accounting or two years hands on bookkeeping experience
· Strong understanding of such accounting concepts as accruals and prepaid expenses, depreciation, deferred rent.
· 2 years of bookkeeping/accounting/payroll experience including strong Quickbooks and ADP payroll skills
· Touch typist and accurate 10 key
· Must be well versed in QuickBooks (2 years experience) and Microsoft Office (especially excel)
· In-house Harassment Training program (every 2 years)
Health & Safety Requirements:
· In-house Annual Emergency Training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface periodically throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. This position may include lifting up to 40 pounds on occasion. The performance of this position requires travel to show location (Fort Mason Center) and off-site meetings in San Francisco. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Generous Medical/Dental/Vision plans
Paid Holidays (13)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Cover Letter and Resume must be submitted as a PDF document.