Join the team at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its revolutionary teacher salaries and its outstanding results. TEP aims to achieve educational equity for students from low-income families by utilizing world-class teachers, while re-imagining the teaching profession as a place in which teachers prioritize their own growth as pedagogical experts and community leaders.
About the Role
Given The Equity Project's revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who can effectively and enthusiastically maximize the operational efficiency within our Early Childhood Campus, home to TEP's Kindergarten and 1st Grade students and families.
The Early Childhood Operations Specialist is a dynamic role that requires the expertise to manage extensive school operations. This individual will maximize the school’s operational performance and customer experience, by managing and refining operational systems, executing short-term and long-term strategies, and supporting TEP's growth.
Community Service & Support
- Serve as Ambassador to TEP's Customer Service Culture
- Act as the primary point of contact for families and other visitors, maintaining high levels of customer service
- Answer all phone calls and emails from families, community members, etc.
- Ensure welcoming, solution-oriented service for students, families, staff, & visitors
- Ensure the main office space is always beautiful, organized, and welcoming for families and visitors
- Work alongside Director of Operations to coordinate logistics of graduation, family events, concerts, and special events
- Manage all Field Trips Logistics
- Partner with professionals at all levels to maximize operational performance according to the seasonal activities for the school
- Manage Data Systems (TEP's Student Information System and ATS)
- Manage the student recruitment process by collecting applications, enrolling students, etc.
- Coordinate all Early Childhood student transportation logistics through the Office of Pupil Transportation (yellow bus, SPED busing and MetroCards)
- Coordinate all logistics of state testing
- Complete Spanish fluency, required
- Minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant role
- Working knowledge of school systems, preferred
- Growth mindset and interest in developing as an operations leader
- Excels at customer service and interpersonal relationships by listening attentively, building trust, communicating clearly, and interacting with others respectfully at all times
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Receptive to feedback and eager to learn and grow in an active, mission-driven environment
- And . . . loves interacting with people!
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary in the range of $65K to $70K, based on the individual’s experience level
- Time Off: 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days)
- Guidance and Mentorship: Reports directly to TEP's Early Childhood Director of Operations
- Employee Wellness: We value your well-being through our Staff Food Program, Staff Retreats, and Wellness Programming
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental leave and dependent care account so you can care for your loved ones
- 403b Retirement Plan: We care about your ability to save for your future
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development, including tuition and continuous learning reimbursements
NOTE: In adherence with Department of Health guidelines, all charter school staff is required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Next Steps: TEP is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. If you submit both a cover letter and resume, you will receive a response from us as to whether or not you will be invited to the next stage of the process.