10 Malcolm X Blvd
About the Position:
BlueHub Capital is seeking an experienced Construction Loan Administration and Loan Operations Specialist to be part of the portfolio management team, as well as an integral support to the lending effort at BlueHub Loan Fund, an affiliate of BlueHub Capital. Bluehub Loan Fund offers a full suite of lending products to its customers, including pre-development, acquisition, site development, construction, bridge, term and permanent debt. Our greatest strength is our ability to offer creative debt solutions to strong borrowers delivering high impact opportunities to enhance the lives of low-income individuals and families. Bluehub Loan Fund’s loan portfolio of 141 loans ($164MM net outstanding) is distributed across more than a dozen states.
The Construction Loan Administration and Loan Operations Specialist supports operational aspects of BlueHub Loan Fund’s lending program to a diverse set of borrowers, including affordable housing and real estate developers, charter school and community health center operators, and non-profit and social enterprises serving low income families and communities.
This position is pivotal to the continued success and growth of the BlueHub Loan Fund and operates in a collaborative, cooperative, team environment. The Construction Loan Administration and Loan Operations Specialist communicates regularly with borrowers and partners; interacts extensively with the BlueHub Loan Fund lending team and finance department; reviews and approves funding disbursed at time of loan closing; reviews and approves construction loan requisitions; and manages all aspects of loan operations and systems for a highly successful community development financial institution. This position reports to the Portfolio Manager and is located in Boston, MA.
Candidates who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and have a deep and demonstrated commitment to social equity are strongly encouraged to apply for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate loan closing and funding process for construction loans and other portfolio loans in conjunction with the portfolio management team, loan officers, finance team, borrowers and outside legal counsel.
- Manage the review of the key construction documents prior to loan closing: construction contract, architect contract, lender inspector’s review of budget and scope of work.
- Review and approve closing requisition.
- Request and review title insurance updates, lender inspector reports, construction requisitions, lien waivers, soft cost budget and invoices.
- Build and maintain construction cash flow spreadsheet, tracking closing budget, change orders and disbursements throughout the construction loan.
- Raise questions to portfolio management team.
- Ensure compliance with all loan closing and funding requirements
- Coordinate and prepare loan funding, working closely with Lenders, Portfolio Management, Finance and external project lenders.
- Identify and communicate construction loan problems and recommend solutions to meet the needs of BlueHub Loan Fund and our borrowers
- Manage the flow of loan documents from the commitment stage through closing and disbursement of funds for all portfolio loans.
- Ensure electronic and database borrower and project files are kept current, accurate and organized.
- Maintain commercial loan system so that closed loans are accurately set up and booked and can be serviced appropriately. Run monthly, quarterly and annual reports on commercial loan system. Accountable for system accuracy.
- Upload commercial loan system data into Salesforce. Run series of Salesforce reports. Accountable for data reconciliation.
- Handling billing and invoice issues together with our finance department and partner lender finance departments.
- Prepare loan payoff statements; prepare mortgage discharges; prepare UCC extensions and terminations.
- Attend Loan Committee meetings and prepare meeting.
- Understanding of and experience with commercial real estate construction loan administration best practices.
- Experience managing loan operations at a CDFI or commercial lending institution.
- Familiarity with real estate loan documents and basic legal terms
- Demonstrated commitment to BlueHub Capital’s mission
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working productively across racial, ethnic and income differences
- Team player
- Ability to manage a variety of projects from multiple team members simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate electronic files and database systems
- Effective phone, written, and in-person communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce and commercial loan management system
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use technology
- Ability to be present and work in the office and collaborate effectively in person with colleagues
Additional Abilities & Skills:
- Understanding of and experience with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit and the New Markets Tax Credit programs
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofit community-based organizations
The position requires a highly motivated person with a background in commercial real estate or affordable housing construction loan administration. The ideal candidate is also someone who understands the unique needs of developers working to improve communities where low-income families live and work. The candidate must be a self-starter, have the demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently work on several tasks simultaneously and have strong written and verbal communication skills. Finally, the candidate should enjoy working in a mission-driven, growing organization and thrive in a friendly, cooperative, and fast-paced environment.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the guidelines of BlueHub Capital’s scale. The position comes with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as generous vacation and employer contributions to a retirement account.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The position is open until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Shannon Weiss, Talent Acquisition Specialist at https://bostoncommunitycapital.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fpmi.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, BlueHub Capital cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
BlueHub Capital is an equal opportunity employer. BlueHub Capital is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.