The IT Project Manager will manage projects to ensure that Uncommon’s Home Office, Regions and Schools have the technology solutions required to accomplish the organization’s strategic goals. The Senior Associate Director will develop a deep understanding of needs across all levels of the organization and create a strategy for prioritizing and implementing new educational technology solutions going forward. The Senior Associate Director of IT, Project Management will report to the Director of IT, Project Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF IT PROJECT MANAGER
- Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:Track record of accomplishment in managing IT systems and solutions;
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment;
- Passion for the Uncommon mission;
- Ferocious work ethic;
- Outstanding organization skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to self-reflection;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills that lead to systems thinking;
- High sense of urgency;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently
- Project Management:Elicit requirements from users using interviews, surveys, site visits and observations and other methods of communication.
- Develop product requirements outlining the specific technical functionality needed to deliver on user needs.
- Respond, in a timely manner, to all user inquiries and feedback.
- Develop, refine and deliver training materials and resources to ensure that product functionality is being maximized by users.
- Create and hand off policies and documentation around all new products to support team.
- Manage cross-functional project teams needed to inform and roll-out new technology solutions.
- Create and maintain project plans, accounting for and tracking roles of many stakeholders, ensuring all deadlines are met, identifying risks and escalating issues as needed.
- Create necessary links between vendors and internal Uncommon teams to ensure implementation is smooth.
- Work closely with Uncommon IT and Data teams to collaborate on the roll-out and support of any new technology platforms and any data integration work.
- Oversee aggressive roll-out of technology tools each school year.
- Clearly communicate implementation options and implications with stakeholders.
- Create mechanism for collecting feedback from stakeholders and promptly addressing their concerns and issues.
- Required knowledge, skills, and abilitiesExceptional strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills and end-user orientation; deep concern and empathy for users and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Excellent organization, time management, and tenacious follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency
- Demonstrated track record in driving impact and leading and managing significant, complex efforts, robust process, and project management skills
- Fluency with technical process and ability to establish credibility with internal/external developers and vendors
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technology and operational requirements
- Demonstrated experience implementing different project management approaches
- Experience designing, implementing and leading training for a range of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools, systems and processes quickly
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic approach to one’s work.
- Minimum educational level: Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Sufficient education and project experience to qualify for PMP.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/PREFERRED3-5+ years of operations, ed tech, project management or consulting experience preferred.
- PMP required within 6 months of employment.
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Project Pro.
- Previous experience or strong, demonstrated interest in K-12 public education preferred.
- Previous experience with implementing computer infrastructure projects. Experience should be focused on:
- Data warehouse concepts focusing on data integrity and ETL processes;
- Software development concepts including requirements gathering, agile methods, testing and QA, version control, and technical documentation.
- Knowledge of and experience with school facing technologies preferred.
- Driving cross-functional project teams.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply on our website: https://uncommonschools.secure.force.com/careers/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0x0G00001PqAzBQAV&tSource=