39 W 19th Street, 5th Fl
About Urban Arts Partnership
Urban Arts Partnership (UAP) is a growing, cutting edge community of inspired, driven, creative professionals. UAP was founded in 1991 with the belief that the arts are essential to human development, education and culture. Our mission is to advance the intellectual, social and artistic development of public school students through arts-integrated education programs to close achievement gaps. Through in- school and out-of-school original programming, we partner with teachers to inspire classrooms and empower students to become leaders in their schools and communities.
About the Job
The Development Manager will work closely with UAP’s development, communications and creative teams, consultants, and collaborate regularly with UAP programs, operations and finance teams. She/He will execute all of the logistics necessary to host large and small scale events, including generating financial support (i.e: sponsors and individual donors), overseeing vendor relationships, budget management, contract negotiation, database management and identifying, recruiting and cultivating volunteers. Non-profit fundraising and customer relationship building experiences are highly desirable. He/she will be responsible for two large fundraising events (Annual Benefit in April and Golf Outing in June) and other smaller scale special projects and events throughout the year.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other programs, partner with colleagues within the organization and externally as well.
- Must be detail-oriented, and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, Mailchimp and Salesforce database.
- Must be willing to work with and assist others in an open office cooperative staff environment.
- Able to do occasional travel and work occasional nights and weekends.
- At least 3 years of prior events and administrative experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Achieve event fundraising goals in partnership with CEO, EVP, Director of Major Gifts and Benefit Artistic Director Consultant
- Assist in the recruitment of high-level volunteers for leadership of events
- Build and manage benefit committee and facilitate committee meetings
- Steward relationships with event attendees and volunteers to ensure continued support and fundraising success
- Secure in-kind donations for events (i.e. food, beverage, spirits, transportation, accommodations, entertainment, giveaways, gift bags, etc.)
- Year round preparation for cultivation events and execution of logistics (i.e. budget management, day of event planning and execution, vendor management, permit processing, insurance requests, etc.)
- Oversight of post-event follow up planning and management of needed supplies, acknowledgements, communications, etc.
- Support the Development team in the management of its Salesforce database
- Assist with the daily Mailchimp and Classy operations
- Timely administration of donor acknowledgements letters
- Conduct donor and prospect research as assigned
- Develop, cultivate, and manage a portfolio of smaller donor prospects
- Support a culture of fundraising across the organization
- Support grant writing activities as needed
- Maintain a stewardship calendar of donors liaising with all relevant UAP staff
Urban Arts offers it's employees medical, vision, dental and pre-tax benefits.
Minimum Education Required