Assistant Director/Education Specialist, Afterschool Programming
- Job posted by Sunnyside Community Services, Inc.
43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is seeking an Assistant Director/Education Specialist for its Youth Services at P.S. 343 in Sunnyside, Queens. This school will house a range of educational and recreational services for youth as well as services for adults in the community.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, and enrichment programming and Adult and Immigrant Services
- Work with Director to ensure implementation of daily program activities and operations. Assist with overall supervision of staff, participants and communication with parents.
- Assist with participant recruitment and retention strategies
- Identifies and implement curricula for programming that align with DOE standards (i.e. STEM, Literacy, and Enrichment); researches and defines educational goals, objectives, and methodologies to meet program goals.
- Periodically observe line staff and their implementation of lesson plans as well as feedback and coaching.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with designated school personnel to ensure that our program is aligned with school goals and initiatives.
- Assist Program Director with meeting contractual requirements that include record keeping, data entry, and reporting.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special events and meetings
- Act as Site Supervisor in the absence of the Program Director
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisor related to program operations and agency initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an afterschool/summer camp environment with some supervisory experience in a similar setting. Experience with DYCD Beacon programming is a plus.
- Ability to work extended day hours and Saturdays as needed.
- Experience with curriculum and lesson plan development for Elementary/Middle School programming
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
***If interested, please send you resume and cover letter to Donald Lubin, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org*** Indicate “Assistant Director/Educational Specialist” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer