Administrative Assistant (Prospect Park YMCA - Park Slope Armory)
- Job posted by YMCA of Greater New York
Details: $13.50 P/H - $19.10 P/H
361 15th Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA – Park Slope Armory is seeking an Administrative Assistant who, under the supervision of the Youth & Family Director, will contribute to the success of the Afterschool, Teen and Camp programs, by leading and demonstrating outstanding operational efficiencies. Responsibilities include assisting with all aspects of Afterschool, Teen and Camp programs, Human Resources, and Payroll. The incumbent will play an integral role in contributing to the Youth & Family Department’s program quality, culture, success and sustainability.
- Manage all administrative duties (letters, memos, etc.).
- Enter applicable data in AS400 and track/process all payments for ACS, 1199 and third party participants.
- Update and maintain AS400 rosters for Afterschool, Teen and Summer Camp.
- Monitor department past due payments, and prepare letters and other correspondence for members with outstanding payments.
- Produce and complete third party and other vendor contracts/agreements.
- Review and help manage Youth & Family Department payroll.
- Produce and print all Afterschool, Teen and Summer Camp rosters in a timely manner.
- Track, file, and maintain all Youth & Family Financial Assistance applications.
- Assist with department new hire and on boarding as assigned.
- Maintain and ensure compliance as it relates to all Youth & Family Afterschool, Summer Camp, Department of Health, SACC and ACA requirements.
- Input government and operational requisitions for all Youth and Family department programs as needed.
- Produce and maintain government reports for COMPASS such as ROP reports.
- Organize and file participant applications for Afterschool and Summer Camp record keeping.
- Process Youth & Family Director Monthly Purchase Log.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold all Association Policies/ Demonstrate core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, YMCA of Greater New York, and funder standards, expectations, and regulations.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- High School diploma, or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience working with government contracts.
- Prior administrative experience required.
- CPR / First Aid certification.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Administrative Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Prospect Park YMCA – Park Slope Armory
Attn.: Andrew Bagli
361 15th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.