Simprints wants someone who is passionate about designing technology-based solutions in service delivery and research projects around the globe. There is an opportunity to expand and grow within the organization, whilst having an exciting role scope and the ability to contribute to social impact objectives.
This role will report to the Director of Delivery, whilst maintaining close working relationships with the Director of Partnerships and with the Chief Product and Engineering Officer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the technical solution lead across several Simprints engagements, carefully weighing the balance between introducing new feature design and platform complexity to maximize partner impact realization
- Demonstrate mastery of our platform feature flexibility and limitations
- Understand common integration points (Commcare, ODK, DHIS2, etc..) and recommend technology pairings for complete use cases
- Helping to qualify and close opportunities (alongside the partnerships team) through developing a deep understanding of client needs.
- Demonstrating excellent stakeholder management and attention to detail whilst designing bespoke custom solutions and providing technical input into donor (funding) proposals.
- Maintaining strict control over new project sign-off to ensure all project commitments are ethical and have undergone appropriate feasibility and impact assessments.
- Collating and analysing technical market intelligence to contribute to the continual refinement and improvement of Simprints’ value proposition and understanding of the market.
- Supporting project start-up phases until project teams are recruited.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Significant Solutions Architecture experience (or other relevant experience in product/project design and development), ideally in the tech for development space where you’ve designed projects with clients in developing country contexts.
- Leadership skills, ownership and self-starting drive. An ability to articulate a clear vision for Solutions Architecture, the skill to implement a comprehensive change plan, the experience to collaborate positively to make the change happen, and the grit to deliver on all the detailed work requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. You are empathetic and seek to understand different perspectives, bring clarity to ambiguous or ill-defined needs, can negotiate diplomatically when there are competing interests, and secure buy-in and alignment across stakeholder groups.
- Attention to detail & troubleshooting skills. Global development work is complex and unpredictable. To proactively anticipate risks, assess implicit requirements on top of contractual deliverables, and successfully meet ever-changing needs, you need to be able to translate a high-level idea into concrete, detailed design and funding proposal.
- Strong presentation and demo skills. We work across multiple sectors with a variety of stakeholders. Being able to tailor presentations to audiences of varying technical literacy levels, for a number of different use cases and workflows, is crucial. You are comfortable hosting virtual presentations as well as conducting in-person.
- Permission to work in the UK.
- Familiarity with data collection platforms, such as DHIS2, CommCare, ODK, OpenSRP, and/or other technology platforms commonly used in global development. Ideally you have designed workflows common among frontline workers in development programs (e.g. health care, aid distribution, research, education).
- Working proficiency in French, Arabic, Spanish, or other common language
- A technical mindset and passion for designing technology solutions
- The Solutions Architect will interact directly with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds (both cultural and organisational). Being familiar with developing country contexts and prior experience interfacing with donors and/or government officials will be quite important.
Life is short. We believe work should be awesome, meaningful, and fun. At Simprints we’re taking on global development’s biggest challenges, powered by an amazing culture and incredible people. Work with us, and you will grow faster, learn more, and take on great responsibilities with potential to make lasting change.
- Genuine Impact. The opportunity to be part of our delivery of frontline projects around the world that impact millions of lives.
- Global Leadership. Be part of a global team of country directors, project managers, engineers, and delivery partners dedicated to making a difference. In the process, working with exhilarating people from around the world representing over 20 different nationalities with a wide range of cultures, experiences, and viewpoints, with diverse backgrounds spanning tech companies like Google, businesses like BCG, and NGOs like Save the Children.
- Career Advancement. Join the leadership team of a fast-growing social enterprise that is breaking onto the global stage. Four years since we were founded, we are already working directly with the most influential and exciting partners in development—from ministries of health, to top donors like Gavi & USAID, to leading NGOs like JSI & BRAC.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off & Flexible Hours. We set high goals and give people the freedom to choose when and how to achieve them. Work when, where, and how suits you best. Join a team that trusts you with the job.
- Real Professional Development. Beyond on-the-job learning, Simprints will support you with a professional development budget and access to global experts across our Board of Directors & Advisers
Simprints is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in our firm commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to attract, hire, grow, and retain the most qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, nationality, age, sexuality, and other differences. We encourage interested and suitable candidates who are part of underrepresented groups to apply for this position.