Details: competitive with benefits
35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
- Develop and teach highly engaging, academically rigorous lessons, aligned with HVA’s standards, curriculum and progressive pedagogical philosophy
- Invest several hours per week in professional learning, including personalized instructional coaching, lesson study, co-planning, book study groups and other learning work
- Inspire students to hold themselves to high standards of academics and character
- Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe and caring environment
- Analyze assessment data and use it to inform and differentiate your instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences
- Two years of teaching experience preferred, in grades 4-8
- A commitment to developing progressive pedagogy is essential
- Strong track record of student achievement in your past teaching
- Ability to create a class environment in which students feel safe, supported and challenged to engage deeply in meaningful work
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- Unshakeable conviction that all students can learn at a high level
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
First, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply through the Careers section of our website: http://bit.ly/HVA-Careers.