Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF) is seeking a highly motivated individual to identify qualified customer opportunities for Amara, a web platform for subtitling and translating online videos. Our ideal candidate is an intuitive and creative self-starter with a desire to make a difference in the world.
PCF is a nonprofit working to build a more open, collaborative, and inclusive world. Our flagship initiative, Amara, enables tens of millions of viewers to fully engage with videos that would otherwise be inaccessible. Amara is used by organizations like TED, California Academy of Sciences, and Scientific American to engage viewers in hundreds of different languages.
The Lead Generation Specialist will support PCF’s nonprofit sustainability programs by providing a consistent flow of sales-ready leads with the highest possible conversion to close ratio.
- Job Type: Part-time to Full time
- Hours: 20-25 hours/week to start
- This position is fully remote
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Associate and Platform Team Manager to develop strategy and implementation plan for generating and following up with leads from targeted customer segments
- Conduct searches to generate sales leads and identify appropriate decision makers
- Identify and develop new prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, general discovery, and targeted research
- Manage and coordinate prospect and client information within Hubspot
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships through active outreach and communication
- Develop strategic approaches to network with new prospects, current and past clients
- Assist with event participation by providing attendee analysis, logistics preparation, and follow-up coordination
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing or sales, lead generation
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously, as well as collaboratively
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable understanding of HubSpot CRM
While internet video has exploded, language is still a significant barrier to education, economic opportunity, political participation, and other areas of cultural life. Amara connects millions of people to help break down these barriers and allows hundreds of organizations to make their content more accessible through innovative technology.
Amara is a project of the Participatory Culture Foundation (PCF), a nonprofit 501c3. We are driven by our mission to foster a media ecosystem that enables everyone to benefit from online video content. Content that can enrich lives, but is not currently available to those who cannot hear or understand the language of the video. We believe a participatory and inclusive world leads to a more understanding and caring society.
PCF develops technology and services that ensure everyone has access to all that the internet has to offer. From the abundance of free education available, to gaining insights about the many different cultures around the globe, information is critical to building a more equitable and peaceful society.
How We Collaborate
Amara and PCF are based out of Massachusetts, but the team is global and works virtually. You’ll be collaborating with a talented and passionate team striving to make positive social impact. The team uses chat and video apps (Skype, Slack, Google Hangouts) as well as email for internal communication.
We are an inclusive workplace, where all team members have a voice. We encourage participation and engagement. Our diversity in backgrounds and life experiences makes us unique and helps us innovate. On our team you’ll find incredibly talented professionals who are also musicians, avid dessert connoisseurs, beer brewers, pet fanciers, master chess players, gardeners, and many other stripes!
Our Commitment to Diversity
The work of the Participatory Culture Foundation is strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and much more. We welcome applications from people of color, women, the LGBTQIA community, and persons with disabilities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal statement of interest
- Resumé or CV
- Email subject: Lead Generation Specialist Application
Note: Please be sure to use the email subject “Lead Generation Specialist Application” or we may miss out on reviewing your application. Thanks!