District of Columbia
EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
Responsible for supporting the resource mobilization team in researching, identifying, and conducting outreach to new private donors and the stewardship of existing donors. Responsible for following and understanding directives to ensure the proposal process aligns with internal processes. Records target data related to investment goals and diversification.
This is a senior associate level union position under EngenderHealth’s collective bargaining agreement with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 153, AFL-CIO and subject to union dues.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, international development, business administration).
· Two (2) years of resource mobilization experience at an international development or global health organization.
· Participated in the workflow processes during the acquisition of a new donor.
· Knowledge of donor programmatic and procurement environment.
· Contributed to the development and writing of professional, technical, and/or grant materials.
· Technical skills to include business email system (e.g., Outlook) and the ability to format, configure print functionality, and import/export content from other sources using Word and Excel.
· Possible travel based on business need approximately 5% or the equivalent of 3 weeks annually.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
· Ability to work with minimal supervision to develop relationships and follow the organization’s goals.
· Ability to handle a high volume of work and meet assigned deadlines.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively in different socio-cultural contexts.
· Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
· Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources internally and externally.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
· Technical knowledge or exposure to sexual and reproductive health (family planning, maternal and child health) and rights.
· Worked with online/electronic data reporting systems for resource mobilization management.
· Resource mobilization experience at the country level.
· Experience with multicultural organizations.
· Fluency in French including business and healthcare terminology.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Minimum Education Required