1368 Fulton Street
The Junior Accountant reports to the supervisor of Accounting Operations and is expected to be competent in the performance of the accountant processing.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Payroll Function: Processes the organization bi-weekly payroll time sheets; Transmits payroll information to Payroll Company; Prepares payroll reports, prepares payroll journal entries and input into accounting system; Maintains and updates payroll software data for new hires, change in salary, retroactive pay, employee status, etc.; Reconciles 941 to general ledger; Responds to payroll inquiries; Reviews year W2 wage information from the payroll company and distributes to employees.
- Cash Receipts and Accounts Receivable Functions: Responsible for all bank deposits; Prepares daily cash receipts reports; Codes and enters cash receipts into accounting systems; Prepares monthly revenue schedule to reconcile with fund raising department records;Maintain cash deposits files and reconciliation reports;Enters tenant payment to rent billing and receipts billing reports; Responds to cash receipts and receivable reports as requested.
- Accounts Payable and Cash Distribution Functions: Reviews and ensures AP vouchers and supporting documentation are fully accurate, complete and in compliance with financial management policies and procedures to include original invoices, bids, purchase orders, shipping receipts, executed consulting contracts, executed asset management/maintenance contracts,executed job completion documentation, and executed IT services contracts; Enters Vouchers/Invoices to the AP system; Ensures that open AP and paid AP files are being properly maintained and the AP filing system is effective and efficient; Processes vouchers and cut checks and are released to the pertinent personnel or mailed; Responds to vendors and BSRC managers inquiries; Maintains and orders check stocks; Provides Payroll, AR, CR, AP and CD documents requested by Compliance personnel or auditors on a timely basis; Participates in reconciliation of GL and PR, AR, and CR or AP and CD subsidiary ledgers; Investigates, and resolves open PR, AR, CR, AP and CD audit items and provides responses to questions and issues as they arise.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years progressive accounting experience in payroll, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable and Cash Disbursement processing.
- Bachelor's in Accounting required
- Experience with computerized accounting software, including Financial Edge, and MS Office
- Expertise with Excel Spreadsheets and Powerpoint.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Accrued time includes Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
403(b) Plan offerings
Minimum Education Required