2830 S. Central Ave.
A Place Called Home is seeking a customer service oriented Membership & Parent Services Program Lead.
Under the direction of the Associate Program Director of Membership, Education and Wellness, the Membership Program Lead, will ensure program execution aligns with department goals, strategy, budget and expectations. The Lead holds direct supervisory responsibilities for Membership staff and contractors and translates policies and initiatives into program applications. The Membership Program Lead serves as the face of APCH to our constituents.
Job Title: Membership & Parent Services Program Lead
Reports to: Associate Program Director-MEW
FLSA Status: Full Time 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: 17.00-21.00 DOE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Vision-Setting, Strategy & Growth Planning
- Set overarching vision and direction for the Membership and Parent Services department and develop department’s strategic plan. Develop department’s annual budget, track spending, and maintain an inventory of all necessary equipment and supplies for the department
- Ensure programming for engaged parent participation and advocacy in alignment with organizational goals, and will monitor implementation, and stated plans for growth
- Confer with program supervisors to meet enrollment and capacity goals and expectations
Registration & Enrollment
- Lead the registration and enrollment process and ensure all protocols are clear, sound and user-friendly and that all available program slots are occupied
- Update registration materials and distributes a course catalogue per semester
- Ensure all new members and families receive a comprehensive orientation
- Manage the renewal of membership status as well as distribution of membership identification cards
- Oversee membership attendance and follow up with members who do not meet attendance requirements
- Maintain accurate waiting list of prospective members and bring in new members when slots open up
- Coordinate with Program Supervisors to accommodate special intake and documentation of members enrolling in specific programs (e.g. RISE High, Bridge to the Future programs, Advanced Music Program, Dance Company, and others)
- Maintain accurate membership files and membership database (Kidtrax)
- Oversee and is actively involved in preparation and distribution of weekly attendance reports and timely statistical activity reports on membership and parent involvement for internal tracking and grant and board reports
- Generate annual (and as needed) Membership Report tracking annual stats in specified areas
Welcome Center Operations
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area that is presentable to the public at all times
- Provide exemplary customer service and welcoming hospitality to members and families in accordance with APCH REACH (Respect, Empathy, Accountability, Courage, Hope) values and the APCH Model “guaranteed experience” goals
- Address parents’ concerns and notify management staff of grievances, needs, and required support
- Supervise Membership and Parent Services Coordinator and volunteers and interns assigned to the department
- Collect and account for all funds collected by the department and parent group activities
- Coordinate and facilitate regular Parent Partners Circle meetings and serve as the lead staff in Parent Partners Circle events and activities in collaboration with the Volunteer Department
- Refer members and parents to the Counseling Department to take advantage of appropriate in-house and referral resources for member and family needs
- Coordinate parent programming and develop relationships with community partners to improve parent engagement
- Develop and conduct leadership development for Parent Partners Circle members and participate in and recruit potential parent leaders for initiatives such as the annual Stakeholders Circle Meeting
Outreach & Communications
- Contribute and gather information from other program departments for a monthly
- Parents Newsletter in collaboration with Counseling Services and Community Outreach Departments
- Oversee and initiate outreach and promotional communications for agency scheduling and events, to parents, members and community
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the scheduling and supervision of members during program hours, special events and field trips
- Coordinate celebrations and recreational events for members (e.g. Halloween Festival & Kids Day Carnival)
- Attend monthly meetings, weekly check-ins and prepare monthly reports
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards and values at all times
- Perform other tasks as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the Membership & Parent Services Program Lead must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. The ideal candidate will embrace the APCH culture of a learning organization and strive to constantly improve upon systems and services for the benefit of employees and our constituents; and will be demonstrably committed to his/her own ongoing personal and professional development. All employees are expected to contribute to ongoing growth and improvement in their departments via excellent job performance. Additionally, you are expected to speak up if you become aware of deficiencies and needs; and to offer solutions and make suggestions for improvements in your purview areas. Likewise, because each employee and each department is integral to the entire APCH community, we expect that as you focus on your area, you will also consider the big picture and the overall mission of the agency, and communicate with the appropriate individuals if/when you become aware of problems and/or have suggestions for ways and opportunities to make APCH stronger and better. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
· Bachelor of Arts or equivalent experience
· 3 years of related experience
· 2 years experience supervising direct reports
· Ability to speak, write and read Spanish required
Must work well with diverse populations of employees and clients
Must be able to work some evenings and/or weekends for department and/or agency events
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K Plan with Employer Match + more!
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates, please email resume, cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all documents as one pdf file and use “Membership Lead” in the subject line.
(E-mail submissions only/No phone inquiries)
Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position.
Please let us know if you are an APCH Alumnus!
Background screening required/Relevant skills assessment required during screening