Programs Associate, Knowledge, Learning & Leadership
- Job posted by League of American Orchestras-New York
33 West 60th Street
The Program Associate's work is crucial to the successful delivery of the League’s portfolio of learning events and activities, leadership programs, and data / research services. The Program Associate works closely with senior staff on flagship programs including the American Orchestras’ Futures Fund and the League’s National Conference, as well as providing administrative support for the award-winning, national publication Symphony magazine. The position provides the opportunity to develop strong networks in the orchestra field, to gain experience working on a range of programs supporting the performing arts, and to contribute to the success of high profile, national events. The position reports to the Director of Conferences and Business Engagement, also working closely with the Manager, Learning and Leadership Programs, and the Manager, Knowledge Center.
- Respond to member inquiries, providing information as it relates to departmental activities.
- Provide administrative support for departmental staff and activities, including scheduling, note-taking, preparing materials, processing letters of agreement, arranging travel, tracking expenditures, and support of line production for programs and events.
- Responsible for Symphony magazine advertising coordination- includes Symphony magazine artwork liaison, billing, and database entry, contracting, tracking for ads and sponsorships, and special projects.
- Process and track program or grant applications and reports, and communicate with members about them.
- Cultivate member engagement in the League’s annual surveys, primarily through calls to individual member organizations.
- Lead departmental data entry and analysis.
- Work collaboratively with members of all departments.
Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties.
A minimum of two years’ work experience, and a proven track record in successful program administration. High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, databases (CRM), and adaptable to working with new technology systems.
Candidate should be a self-starter who has an exceptional ability to prioritize and organize time, in order to execute multiple tasks and help staff meet deadlines. S/he should possess strong attention to detail, adaptability, resilience, the ability to effectively communicate the department’s needs to other staff members, and the ability to interact professionally and with collegiality on the phone, by email and in person with all levels of members, staff, and the general public.
Musical knowledge, particularly about orchestras, a plus but not essential.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a cover letter stating salary expectations to Steve Alter, email@example.com. Please include the words, "Programs Associate" in your email subject line. Your application materials must clearly demonstrate how your experience, knowledge and skills qualify you for the position as outlined above. No unsolicited phone calls.