889 Harrison Avenue
Rosie's Place was founded in 1974 as the first women’s shelter in the United States, with a mission to provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity and find security in their lives. Today, Boston-based Rosie’s Place not only provides meals and shelter but also creates answers for 12,000 women a year through wide-ranging support, housing and education services.
The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Communications to implement all aspects of the Rosie’s Place Communications plan in order to create a positive public image of the organization through traditional and digital media, publications and media relations, and to support the communications needs of the organization.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
- Manage Rosie’s Place’s online presence, including updating the website and interfacing with web vendor, preparing email blasts and creating and optimizing social media content on three or more channels.
- Utilize Google Analytics and other metric programs to improve social media reach.
- Design and produce collateral materials, such as fliers, postcards, invitations and quarterly calendar.
- Manage holiday card fundraising program, including marketing, corporate relations and fulfillment.
- Maintain and track Rosie’s Place’s press clippings, media mentions and printing and communications planning calendars.
- Write press releases, pitch stories and develop relationships with local media. Take photos of events and activities.
- Contribute to writing projects, including the quarterly newsletter, brochures and volunteer profiles.
- Serve as a representative of Rosie’s Place as needed at public appearances and community relations activities.
- Supervise volunteers and interns assisting the Communications department.
- Assist Development Office on an as-needed basis, including gift processing at year-end and special events.
- Report to the Director of Communications.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Two year prior communications or relevant experience required.
· Excellent writing, proofreading and general communication skills.
· Demonstrated success with website content management systems, email marketing and social media management.
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign and Photoshop.).
· Experience with Hootsuite and Google Analytics.
· Familiarity with Blackbaud systems; Luminate and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
· Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
· Experience with photography, videography and video editing a plus.
· Ability to prioritize and meet daily deadlines.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Occasional evening and weekend work required as determined by Director.
Salary range: $36,000-$42,000
This position will ideally begin May 2018. A resume, cover letter and (1) writing and (1) design sample are required for consideration. Please email to email@example.com and write “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A resume, cover letter and (1) writing and (1) design sample are required for consideration. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.