Washington Family Engagement is looking to hire an experienced, creative, logistical
expert committed to social transformation and willing to grow with a up-and-coming
nonprofit organization. The Program Manager is a pivotal position that supports organizational growth and oversees the logistical implementation of existing and new programs offered each year.
Candidates must live in the Puget Sound Region of Washington State.
- Working with WAFE Directors and other staff, the Program Manager:
- Serves as WAFE’s primary point of contact with external partners and stakeholders.
- Establishes internal organizational infrastructure systems and processes and revises and improves current methods.
- Serves as a technical and logistical program implementation expert to program staff as well as community partners and other stakeholders.
- Designs and implements internal communication systems to keep staff updated and informed about projects, activities, and partnerships.
- Sets up online class registration processes, creates a student information data base and prepares class schedules.
- Contracts with independent contractors, guest speakers, trainers. Maintains accurate student community project information. Ensures that contracts are signed, documentation is collected and filed, and contractors are paid in a timely manner.
- Coordinates public policy advocacy efforts between elected officials. PLTI/CLTI students and staff.
- Plans, coordinates, facilitates training and professional development opportunities for WAFE staff.
- Creates a book inventory system for the Children’s program. Order books as needed to maintain inventory.
- Coordinates PLTI/CLTI graduation ceremony logistics, including site and vendor contracts.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the Executive Director to include coordinating staff and Board meetings.
- Works with the WAFE Alumni and Media Relations Coordinator to implement information and recruitment campaigns via email, social media, and other virtual and print channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years of experience in administrative and logistical program/project management.
- Self-starter, creative systems thinker with excellent organizational skills.
- High level knowledge of Excel, Power Point, data base development and office online tools.
- Excellent oral and writing skills.
- Good listener, problem-solver, relationship builder.
- Experience conducting presentations and facilitating online meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Skills and expertise in community organizing, partnership building, community engagement.
- Experience developing and managing projects and programs to meet goals.
- Experience working effectively with communities of diverse racial, ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- A personal commitment to social justice and sincere understanding of the organization’s mission and the importance of leadership and civic engagement in diverse communities.