777 6th St, NW
American Association for Justice (AAJ) seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
AAJ is looking for a Press/Social Media Assistant to be part of the Communications Department and manage a broad portfolio of social media and grassroots outreach within the organization.
- Manage all daily social media postings for the AAJ Communications Department;
- Plan, execute and track the performance of social media components as they relate to AAJ communications and public affairs campaigns;
- Coordinate with multiple departments within AAJ to schedule social media postings;
- Develop new ideas then write, review and edit original content for social media postings
- Track social media conversations, engage with social media supporters and develop social media best practices for AAJ;
- Actively promote online AAJ, its mission, and the Take Justice Back campaign;
- Manage and create digital content for AAJ and the Take Justice Back campaign;
- Develop shareable content including graphics and original copy;
- Apply best practices to build social media following through organic and paid list growth;
- Create and edit online / web videos for AAJ and the Take Justice Back campaign;
- Communicate and engage with the public and AAJ members about the civil justice system on social media sites;
- Monitor and respond online to attacks on the civil justice system;
- Develop and maintain a calendar of digital communications for the Take Justice Back campaign and the Communications Department;
- Help build lists of key national media contacts and manage a clips database of relevant stories;
- Work with allies in developing communications messaging and strategies;
- Participate in regular strategy sessions and daily communications planning meetings;
- Coordinate department administrative tasks as needed.
- College degree and previous online communications experience of 2-3+ years in a Capitol Hill, campaign or public relations environment is preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media best practices and analytics;
- Commitment to issues important to AAJ and its members;
- Strong writing skills, attention to detail and good judgment;
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and video editing software (required); familiarity with Prezi and working knowledge of Drupal or other web content management system (preferred);
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and online grassroots organizing tools (preferred);
- Self-starter with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere; and
- Interest in working collaboratively with a team to promote and strengthen the civil justice system.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com; fax to (202) 333-2861; or mail to AAJ HR Dept, 777 6th St, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20001. EOE
AAJ offers a generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required