Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Manager provides supervision to a team of case managers and senior case managers and provides direct client services to victims of domestic violence and other crimes.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for bi-weekly case supervision and support to specified case managers, in accordance with Safe Horizon’s quality supervision policy;
· Monitors staff's performance through regular observation of client work and documentation, and coaches staff in providing client-centered safety assessments and risk management plans;
· In partnership with the Safe Horizon Staten Island Director recruit and train new staff assigned to the program;
· Responsible for reviewing and ensuring accuracy of statistical management reports and accurate completion of funder reports;
· Ensures contract compliance for the NYC Mayor’s Office to End Domestic and Gender-Based Violence (ENDGBV) and the NYS Office of Victim Services;
· Ensures staff provide effective services to victims coming to the Family Justice Center and the SI Court Programs;
· Conducts client centered safety assessment and risk management planning;
· Provides crisis intervention, short term supportive counseling and case management services to program clients;
· Advocates for clients for public entitlements with systems and other agencies such as obtaining orders of protection, help with hospital/medical related needs; Office of Victims Services compensation, and relocation assistance;
· Provides information and referral for clients for services such as shelters, mental health treatment, public assistance and other entitlements;
· Provides emergency practical assistance for clients including transportation, food vouchers, financial assistance, and lock replacement;
· Acts as a liaison between Safe Horizon, ENDGBV, the Richmond County District Attorney’s Office, and other co-partners at the Staten Island Family Justice Center to better service clients;
· Conducts educational presentations and trainings and participates in outreach events for community groups about the criminal justice system, domestic violence, and other related topics;
· Participates in staff meetings, community meetings and relevant trainings and seminars;
· Performs data entry into a computerized record keeping system and maintains thorough and accurate case records and statistics;
· Works collaboratively with other Safe Horizon programs to facilitate linkages for clients; and
· Various other duties to be determined by supervisor.
Approximately five staff.
- District Attorney’s Office
- New York City Police Department
- Office of Victim Services
- New York City Administration for Children’s Services
- Social service providers and civil legal providers
- Court personnel, including court clerks, court officers, and judges
- New York City Housing Authority
Knowledge and Skills:
· Master’s Degree in social work, counseling, human services, or related field or equivalent experience
· Experience working in a social service setting
· Strong interpersonal relationship and crisis management skills
· A sound knowledge of victimization issues
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Preferably 2-3 years of experience working with victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, or child abuse, and/or general mental health practice;
· Some supervisory experience;
Budgeted Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Minimum Education Required