Details: Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience.
58 Moore Street
Excel Academy Charter Schools is a growing network of high-performing charter schools dedicated to closing the achievement gap in the Boston area. The network currently operates three middle schools in East Boston and Chelsea and a high school, also located in East Boston. For 6 years in a row, Excel 8th graders have been the top-performers of all 450 Massachusetts public district and charter schools on the MCAS exams.
Duties and Responsibilities
The School Psychologist will provide consultation, assessment, and intervention services related to school
psychology. He/she will support all Excel schools and will report to the Network Director of Student Supports. Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and screen students’ abilities and needs to determine eligibility for special education services;
- Administer, score, and interpret assessments in the areas of cognitive, emotional, social, and behavioral functioning (which Excel will provide);
- Reach out to families to collect detailed family input and relevant history information;
- Collaborate with students’ teachers and learning specialists to gain a clear and complete in-school profile;
- Write evaluation reports including all cognitive, social-emotional, and behavior assessments, goals, and specific recommendations in a timely fashion and in accordance with compliance due dates and the Massachusetts disability categories;
- Act as part of the diagnostic team for initial and three-year evaluations in tandem with special education teachers, general education teachers, family, and outside providers;
- Maintain the legal confidentiality and privacy of student information while collaborating with students’ special education teams;
- Participate in special education team meetings as requested by school-based staff;
- Provide consultation to classroom teachers and learning specialists pertaining to student progress, behavior management techniques, and individualized behavior management plans; and
- Participate in Excel’s Response to Intervention (RTI) system by attending Child Study Team (CST) meetings with grade level teams and providing direct interventions to Tier II and Tier III students.
- A master’s degree in school psychology is required;
- Possession of MA DESE School Psychologist License by the first day of school;
- A commitment to working with underserved, urban youth;
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in the mission of Excel Academy Charter Schools, including Excel’s values and educational model;
- The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work;
- An entrepreneurial spirit that reflects an openness to change, a willingness to problem-solve, and an interest in developing new ideas & programs; and
- Spanish or Portuguese proficiency or fluency is preferable, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Would you like to apply to this job?
Please visit http://www.excelacademy.org/join-our-team/ to learn more about working at Excel, and/or visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/excel to view a current list of career opportunities and submit an application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.