1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award-winning youth development organization, is seeking a Special Events Coordinator.
Like all DREAM employees, the Special Events Coordinator. should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” by The Nonprofit Times and as the winner of the Nonprofit Excellence Award – Silver Prize for Overall Management Excellence by the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Special Events Team in all aspects of planning and execution of special events
- Serves as the lead in logistics, staffing management, budget management, attendee management for all fundraising events.
- Supports in the managing vendor outreach and contract coordination
- Manage the strategy for gift bag solicitation by gearing the outreach for each event audience and supporting with in-kind donations and silent auction asks.
- Coordinates the management and recruitment of volunteers for all events
- Work with Special Events Team on strategy on auction solicitation and fulfillment with donors on auction items.
- Oversees administrative support and coordination for Special Events
- Coordinates with communications team on all event invitations, websites and printed collateral.
- Collaborates on the journal outreach and coordination process for DREAM Gala with the communications
- Assist with creating the vision for décor at all fundraising events with the events and communications teams
- Create and implement all pre- and post- event donor communications including solicitation letters, thank you correspondences and stewardship touch points.
- Provides input on stewardship strategies to ensure seamless transition between fundraising events and stewardship activities
- Facilitates the fundraising reports for event leadership for all fundraising events
- Assists in the outstanding gifts process with major gifts, events teams, and finance teams
- Monitors budget documents to ensure tracking, coding and expense for all events including the management of the Special Events AMEX account.
- Oversees the reconciliation of event revenue and assist with the preparation of board materials.
- Supports on building out the strategy and the automated process for reporting and data analysis
- Coordinate all special event-based financial reporting, data analysis, accurate and timely tracking of revenue and reconciliation of revenue and data in Salesforce.
- Serve as the Events Team’s super user for Salesforce and uses analytical skills to inform critical fundraising decisions for each event.
- Researches and implements a strategy for innovating systems and processes in SaleForce
- Lead a suite of programmatic & school based events for the organization such as Championship Day, Dream Works Graduation, MLK Assembly, DREAM 8th Graduation and work with other team members to consult with other departments on event support.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred;
● At least 3-5 years of experience required, preferably in a nonprofit or school setting;
● Strong collaborative skills with ability to integrate big picture organizational objectives and departmental objectives and work in a solutions-oriented manner;
● Outstanding time management and multi-tasking abilities;
● Deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
Hours are generally 9:00am - 5:00pm with some later evenings and weekends required.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required