Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our Field Human Resources (Field HR) department is responsible for recruitment, placement, and career development of international fieldworkers. The Field HR recruitment team is responsible for outreach, recruitment, and onboarding of candidates for international fieldwork.
The Recruitment team consists of one recruiter/team leader, one recruiter, and one recruitment outreach assistant.
The Field HR Recruitment Assistant is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and further development of the administrative components of Field HR recruitment and onboarding process. They will perform administrative functions to support the Field HR recruitment team.
- Answers questions from applicants and the general public about MSF USA application, recruitment, and onboarding process.
- Act as focal point for maintenance of our recruitment systems including tracking applicants through the different recruitment phases.
- Process criminal background checks/employment verification via vendor and act as primary focal point for vendor correspondence and invoice receipt.
- Process requests for language assessments and manage language assessment tool.
- Maintain Field HR Google sites, update online application and recruitment web pages.
- Organize all administrative aspects of online Info Days (and Welcome Back Days):
- Update content of Info Days website.
- Check for completeness of applicant file after recruitment
- Invite candidates, track response and homework.
- Act as technical producer of online Info Days via Zoom by facilitating technical introduction and supporting other facilitators and participants.
- Send acceptance packages and collect additional information to complete personnel files of accepted candidates.
- Collect and curate Info Days evaluations.
- Act as primary recruitment administrator for HCM database including data-entry and communication about any changes within the system.
- Collect recruitment and onboarding data, including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) data, and assist recruitment team leader with monthly Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) reporting.
- Administration of the MSF-USA Scholarship Fund and Medical License Reimbursement application including tracking applications, communicating decisions, and processing receipts/invoices.
- Actively participate in cross-departmental collaboration:
- Attend and frequently take minutes at regularly scheduled Field HR staff meetings.
- Attend monthly MSF USA Staff Meeting and other office-wide meetings to participate in information sharing across all departments. Stay informed on important MSF topics so as to be able to contribute to the organization’s ongoing development.
- Participate in cross-departmental teams and committees as needed, specifically to represent the needs of the Field HR department, e.g., meetings with systems team
- Cross-train with the Field HR Admin Team to be able to support administrative functions related to fieldworker departures during absences of Field HR Admin Team colleagues.
- May coordinate activities with office interns and/or volunteers on an as needed basis.
- Relevant college degree and/or 1-year relevant administrative work experience in an office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in administrative management of HR recruitment and onboarding process.
- Organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and work under pressure, with a flair for creative problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communications skills.
- Computer literate with strong skills in word processing and spreadsheets, and ability to learn new systems and databases.
- Demonstrated interest in non-profit humanitarian NGO sector
- Familiarity with systems/applications/databases as MS applications specifically SharePoint and Outlook, Formstack, Timetrade, Recruiterbox/Trakstar, Pipplet, Clearstar, Power BI, HERO, Zoom, Google sites, and LinkedIn
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
We do not accept phone calls and emails during the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
Temporary FT Hourly Nonexempt
$28.14 to $29.26 per hour
Working Time (Hours Per Week)