The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the New York team. The Policy Advisor plays a key role in the development and implementation of one or more strategies to achieve the Conservancy’s goals through interaction with governments, multilateral agencies, and/or the corporate sector.
We are looking for a proven leader and problem solver with excellent people skills and experience working with an interdisciplinary team to serve as a subject matter expert and advisor on complex and strategic issues. We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of government relations or corporate sector experience, or equivalent combination education/experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience managing a portfolio of work assignments requiring prioritizing adaptive management of tasks.
- Experience creating relationships of trust and respect within and outside the workplace.
- Experience developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic program goals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience working with and/or advocating before New York State Governor and/or Legislature, and/or New York State government agencies and/or public authorities.
- Experience presenting to and communicating with management-level individuals within the corporate sector.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent team player with experience working in multi-disciplinary groups, using influence and interpersonal skills, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with governments, corporations, partners, donors, volunteers, and all levels of staff.
- Outstanding written and oral communication, negotiating and organizational skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, and want to receive great benefits, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46390 by 11:59pm ET on April 24, 2018. Please note that the position will be located in Albany, NY.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.