EdNavigator is an innovative nonprofit organization that helps hard-working families find a path to success in school and beyond. Founded in 2015, we partner with leading employers like Marriott, Hyatt, and Tulane University to bring expert educational support right to the workplace as a benefit to employees. We pair parents and caregivers with expert Navigators who help them choose schools, understand their children’s progress, support learning at home, advocate for their children’s educational needs, and even advance their own education as adults. We believe that all families could use some help on the path to a great education, and that everyone wins when families are better informed and more engaged. For more information, visit www.ednavigator.com.
Help Tell Our Story and Amplify Our Impact
We are currently seeking a Communications Manager to support our team in New Orleans, Boston and future sites.
As Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing the marketing and communications strategy for our rapidly growing, entrepreneurial organization.
• Create and manage a wide range of marketing materials and content (flyers, posters, email messages, etc.)
• Write and edit blog posts, articles, proposals and reports
• Proactively generate content to publicize our work (e.g., quotes, interviews, photos, videos, graphics, etc.)
• Oversee and regularly update our website and social media platforms
• Manage EdNavigator’s editorial calendar and regular emails and newsletters
• Craft clear, compelling communications to our members and employer partners
• Build tools and resources that help our amazing team of Navigators get things done for families
• Train EdNavigator staff in essential communications and branding skills
• Coordinate with designers, printers, photographers, developers, and other contractors
• Assist with outreach events and media relations as necessary
Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of experience in marketing, branding, public relations and/or strategic communications.
They will also be:
• Exceptional writers and editors
• Highly creative, innovative and self-motivated
• Well-organized and obsessively attentive to detail
• Passionate about clear language and clean design
• Completely comfortable with technology
• Inspired by our mission and excited about sharing our work with others
• Flexible and open to feedback
• Friendly, empathetic and self-aware
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Comfortable working in a virtual environment, supporting staff at multiple sites
Prior experience in education or social services and proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite are a plus. Regular travel will be required. This role is available immediately and reports directly to Founding Partner David Keeling. We are especially interested in candidates who live in New Orleans or Boston. For the right candidate, however, there may be the flexibility to work from a home office anywhere in the United States.
The annual salary for this position is $60,000 or commensurate with experience in a similar position, with the potential for a performance based bonus. EdNavigator offers a motivated team of dynamic colleagues, a collegial atmosphere that values professional development and valuable feedback, a comprehensive benefits plan effective on the first day of employment – including low cost medical, dental, vision, generous vacation time, and a 401(k) plan— as well as the chance to shape the direction of an innovative, mission-driven organization that is resolutely committed to making a difference in the lives of families nationwide.
Minimum Education Required