165 MAIN STREET
Open Door Family Medical Centers has been serving low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care in the communities of Westchester and Putnam counties for more than 40 years, providing high quality primary health care and human services at affordable prices. Open Door’s nationally renowned Community Health Center sites, mobile dentistry units, school-based health programs, and its family practice residency training program, deliver exceptional value to both patients and the communities it serves, dedicated to engaging men, women and children in healthier lifestyles and creating healthier communities.
This year, Open Door will be the medical home for more than 50,000 patients, providing more than 250,000 visits. Our family medical services include primary medical care, dentistry, mental health, optometry, podiatry, and women’s health in Ossining, Sleepy Hollow, Port Chester, Mamaroneck, Mount Kisco, and Brewster, NY.
Open Door believes that health is a right, not a privilege, with primary care to be affordable and delivered cost-effectively. We believe that healthy individuals and families are the foundation of a caring society, and that those empowered to lead healthy lives contribute significantly to our communities’ success. For additional information, please, visit www.opendoormedical.org
Open Door is seeking a part-time (27 hours per week) Outreach Assistant. This position will report to our Director of Marketing & Community Relations. Community outreach will be conducted in several locations including Ossining, NY, Port Chester, NY, Sleepy Hollow, NY, Mount Kisco, NY, and Mamaroneck, NY. This position will be pivotal to new patient acquisition by fostering and increasing our presence within the community and providing outreach efforts to local businesses, faith based organizations, housing authorities etc. on behalf of Open Door Family Medical Centers.
All Open Door Family Medical Centers are located in Westchester and Putnam Counties located just north of New York City, which offer excellent schools, easy access to a multitude of outdoor activities, and superb transportation connections to New York City.
- Assist in outreach plan development
- Establish relationships with local partners
- Cultivate partnerships with other non-profits
- Coordinate outreach events, health screenings days, etc.
- Track individuals reached/potential new patients
- Other duties as assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Superior customer service skills and experience
- Flexible and solutions driven
- Responsive and comfortable working in the fast paced high accountability environment with different types of providers.
- Passionate about providing high quality care to low-income, under-served residents and those lacking access to health care.
- Engaged in learning and continuous quality improvement
- Outstanding verbal and written communications, with a culturally diverse patient and staff population
Minimum Education Required