2305 N. Charles Street
The Manager of People & Culture oversees all human capital functions (employee and volunteer) of the organization. This includes recruitment, employee relations, benefits, performance management, and workplace culture development. The Manager will have the ability to work independently on high-level projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This position requires a person to fulfill job responsibilities in ways that support an equitable and inclusive environment
- Support staff at all levels by ensuring all needs are handled in a person-centered and equitable fashion.
- Develop and implement equitable and effective company policies and procedures in line with applicable laws and regulations. Promote understanding within the organization and across the operations by coordinating thoughtful communication regarding policies and procedures.
- Recruit for open positions and perform the full life cycle of recruiting activities including sourcing and screening applicants, coordinating interviews, maintaining recruiting systems, drafting offer letters, providing follow-through with candidates, supporting hiring managers, and reporting recruitment statistics.
- Draft and update position descriptions; ensure accurate classification of positions and/or reclassification of positions as needed.
- Implement consistent employee on-boarding activities; answer employee questions and provide support to managers when integrating new hires into the organization.
- With assistance from the Finance team, lead the administration of employee benefit programs, answer employee questions, support claim resolution, and maintain related systems.
- Coordinate the performance management system; provide employees and managers with information about the process, policies, job duties, and process for promotion. Support managers in consistent implementation of the organization's performance management system.
- Provide guidance and budgetary oversight to the employee-led engagement committees (social, service, wellness, etc.).
- Oversee maintenance of accurate employee records and complete employment verifications as requested
- Coordinate and ensure completion of employee exit interviews. Report outcome of exit interview information to the leadership team and tracks/maintains data.
- Coordinate staff trainings, meetings and professional development.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations
- Provide active supervision to assigned staff.
*Baltimore City residency required within 90 days of hire
Family League is proud to offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Medical Deductible paid through HRA
- 401k with company match
- Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more about this position and to apply online, click here.
Family League of Baltimore values a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve. Family League of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religious and or political beliefs. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualification, performance and competence.