St. Nicks Alliance Adult Education seeks a successful experienced Deputy Director candidate who will provide in person program management, strategic planning, and oversee direct services for the Adult Education Department and ensure that the Adult Ed unit is providing administrative and transformational coaching services to program participants. This person will also help to innovate the Adult Ed Program unit and seek to expand programming and funding and will collaborate across workforce to contextualize adult education and integrate computer/digital literacy.
The Deputy Director, Adult Education is responsible for supervising the entire Adult Education unit (staff and instructors), providing strategic oversight and the tools and resources needed to help individuals achieve educational (ESOL, HSE, and ABE) goals and opportunity for financial stability. The Deputy Director, Adult Education is responsible for ensuring that funding partner contractual goals (DYCD and NYSED) to serve 560 students annually are met including spearheading program recruitment, program registration and Enrollment in compliance with funder metrics. This high level supervisory role will play a critical role in managing relationships with St. Nicks Alliance partners including the NYC DOE. The Deputy Director will ensure data integrity and oversee timely data entries by program staff into DYCD Connect, ASIST, and St. Nicks ETO Database which are used to document, track and monitor the progress of clients enrolled into programs.
The Deputy Director, Adult Education plays a critical role in ensuring that contractual goals are met, conducting outreach, managing relationships with the DOE and funding partners, overseeing entries into DYCD Connect, ASISTS, and St. Nicks ETO database which are used to help track and monitor the progress of clients enrolled into programs.
· Provide Program Management and strategic oversight for the entire Adult Education unit.
· Promote and Drive the return to in Person Learning and help transition Current and Former students from online to in person learning.
· Develop and Drive Outreach Strategy for Recruitment, Enrollment, Contract/Class Placement, and Program Retention to support 560 students during the course of the school year.
· Prioritize and Lead the strategic and timely marketing outreach to former and potential Adult Ed students with the return to in person classes.
· Oversee all Adult Ed program staff and St. Nicks Alliance Instructional staff and assists with timely recruitment for vacant positions.
· Meet NYSED and DYCD Contractual goals of enrolling 560 students annually for ESOL, HSE, and ABE including recruitment, retention and achieving Average Daily Attendance (ADA) and improving HSE pass rate.
· Set weekly, monthly and quarterly targets to better meet funder deliverables and hold Adult Ed staff accountable to these targets.
· Develop a target recruitment campaign focused on students wanting in person learning and those students who stopped adult education classes during the pandemic who favor in person over online learning.
· Build and maintain a strong relationship with instructional partner NYC DOE OACE and funding partners NYSED and DYCD.
· Ensure timely contractual compliance with NYSED and DYCD contractual goals.
· Ensure Student Support Specialists/Case Management staff are providing Transformational Coaching and program retention support to their assigned case load.
· Work with Director of Workforce Development to develop supportive programming to help students achieve their educational goals.
· Manage communication and supervision support for 5 Adult Ed Support Staff and all 7 NYSED ESOL instructors.
· Provide support as needed to DOE OACE administrators, instructors, and paraprofessionals.
· Ensure that support staff build excellent student rapport and are managing appropriate case load.
· Report weekly and monthly to the Director of Workforce Development on program progress towards funder goals and provide data analysis for all Adult Education programming and inform of any discrepancies.
· Ensure Client Tracking systems: ETO, ASIST, HRA and other in-house database systems are updated on a weekly basis.
· Ensure all potential students, current students and partners receive timely responses and support.
· Ensure Adult Education is in compliance with pre and post testing and each enrolled student has completed assessments.
· Monitor in Person Classroom Activities and evaluate St. Nicks Alliance instructors.
· Ensure all program staff and instructors receive timely training and professional development.
· Ensure that the adult ed unit provides administrative support for the department, including daily database entry in multiple systems, preparation of records and reports; maintenance of hard copy and electric filing.
· Ensure New Students are provided orientation.
· Troubleshoot classroom and technical issues for St. Nicks Alliance ESOL and DOE Instructors.
· Schedule trainings for Adult Education staff and Administer BEST Plus 2.0 and BEST Literacy assessment exams.
· Work to ensure that all potential and new students complete initial intake with adult ed support staff on first visit to Workforce Center.
· Ensure that monthly and annual funder reports and workscopes are completed.
· Facilitate class placements for ESOL and in conjunction with partner DOE for HSE and ABE.
· Provide and Review Director with monthly dashboard reports.
· Prepare reports/audits for funders.
· Collaborate with City agencies, Funders, and Community Partners to complete required documents and provide required program signatures.
· Maintain good organizational and time management skills in order to ensure completion of all tasks.
· Participate in program meetings and RAEN training/professional development.
· Collaborate with our Workforce Managers/Coordinators to facilitate referrals for other services within Workforce as needed.
· Promote Workforce Employment and Skills Training opportunities to Adult Education students and alumni.
· Launch New evening and Saturday Computer classes in partnership with DOE.
· Work with Director and Workforce Colleagues to better incorporate Workplace Success Job Readiness and Digital Literacy Training into classes.
· Contribute to research and writing proposal for adult education grants to strategically grow the adult ed program unit.
· Set bi-weekly coverage schedule and review with the Director.
· Be available to 2 evenings per week and occasional Saturdays.
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field, MA strongly preferred.
· 3-5+ years in Adult Education and or ESOL Program Administration required.
· 3+ years of Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
· Knowledgeable about adult education programs.
· Experience in working with funders is highly preferred.
· Proven experience innovating Adult Ed and ESOL programming.
· Strong Knowledgeable about adult education programs.
· Bilingual (Spanish, English) is Highly Preferred.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· Strong communication, writing and computer skills.
· Knowledge of community resources and counseling with high risk populations.
· Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
· Ability to learn new software, applications and systems quickly.
· Excellent computer skills, with the knowledge of excel spreadsheets, Zoom, Google Classroom, ASIST, DYCD Connect and ETO.
· Ability to manage staff, work independently and support the workforce management team.
· Ability to lead and provide clear directions and guidance.
· Familiarity with BEST Plus 2.0 and TABE preferred.
· Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
· Ability to Multi-Task to support organization, funder, partners and client goals.
· Ability to Work in Person in the Office 5 days a week. Also availability to work 2 evenings a week and occasional Saturday as needed.
Note: In compliance with NYC DOE mandates, all employees must have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine.
St. Nicks Alliance Adult Education seeks a successful experienced Deputy Director candidate who will provide in person program management, strategic planning, and oversee direct services for the Adult Education Department and ensure…
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Deputy Director, Adult Education in the subject line. Visit www.stnicksalliance.org to learn more about the organization. Please no phone calls.
St Nicks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Deputy Director, Adult Education in the subject line. Visit www.stnicksalliance…