Details: Salary DOE
104 East 7th Street
Summary: Legal Aid of the Bluegrass seeks a Legal Assistant for its Covington, KY based office with a 50-year history of making a positive impact in Kentucky. The Legal Assistant supports the legal work of the assigned unit, conducts in-depth client interviews, creates legal documents for attorney review, and maintains substantive expertise in family and consumer law. The successful applicant will have a paralegal or other degree or a requisite amount of legal experience and will be adept at working with clients and the public, will be technologically savvy and have Microsoft Word experience. Bankruptcy software and experience is a plus. To apply, please send resume and statement of interest to Resumes@lablaw.org with the subject line-Covington Legal Assistant Legal Aid of the Bluegrass is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The position is open until filled.
Summary: Legal Aid of the Bluegrass seeks a Legal Assistant for its Covington, KY based office with a 50-year history of making a positive impact in Kentucky. The Legal Assistant supports the legal work of the assigned unit, conducts in-depth client interviews, creates legal documents for attorney review, and maintains substantive expertise in family and consumer law.
Interact with clients, other staff members, service providers, and court and administrative officials in a professional, appropriate, collegial, and cooperative manner. Establish and maintain relationships with clients to establish trust and obtain accurate and complete information.
- Actively participate in staff and planning meetings, task forces, and trainings if required.
- Perform basic client eligibility screening.
- Maintain substantive expertise in family law and/or bankruptcy.
- Conduct in-depth client interviews.
- Prepare legal documents
- Enter data appropriately in LABG’s electronic case management system.
- Maintain time records of all work related activities and enter accurate data on a timely basis into LABG’s electronic case management system as per 45 CFR Part 1626 and per LABG’s procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Benefits include health insurance, retirement, vacation, sick leave, long term disability insurance, term life insurance and paid holidays annually
Level of Language Proficiency
Requirements, Skill & Abilities include:
- Four-year degree from an accredited College or University or an Associate’s Degree in Paralegal or Legal Studies, or have equivalent experience (e.g. at least 5 years at Secretary II level).
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use office and computer technology, including case management and word processing software.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified Candidates should send resume and statement of interest to Resumes@lablaw.org with the subject line Legal Assistant-Covington
Legal Aid of the Bluegrass is a non-profit law firm providing civil legal assistance to nearly 220,000 low income people in 33 counties from 4 offices located in Covington, Lexington, Morehead and Ashland. Legal Aid of the Bluegrass’ legal practice is primarily in the areas of family law, domestic violence, government and VA benefits, and housing and consumer law. Legal Aid of the Bluegrass is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and encourages professional development. The position is open until filled.