Details: Salary is commensurate with experience, and Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a full-time exempt position.
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
The Finance Team is currently comprised of the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Finance & Accounting, a Finance Associate and a Contracted Accounting Consultant. The Finance Team directs and manages the financial operations of COC three entities, Color Of Change Education Fund, a 501(C)3 nonprofit corporation; Color Of Change, a 501(c)4 nonprofit corporation; and Color Of Change PAC, a 527 political action committee. We interface with and support all operating departments of COC, including the Boards of Directors, senior management, staff, members and vendors.
Color Of Change is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist based in Oakland, CA, which reports to the Director of Accounting and Finance. The right candidate has experience with non-profit finance and is committed to achieving results in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities. This position is an excellent opportunity to be a critical problem-solver within a growing, mission-driven organization. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for providing accounting support to the Color of Change, Finance & Accounting Department.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting and Finance.
· Processes a high volume of per diem and expense reimbursements for staff and invoices for various consultants and other vendors.
· Compares checks to payment check register to ensure accuracy; verify financial data.
· Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies; clarify questionable items.
· Responsible for new vendor setup, including management of W-9 documentation, ACH information; contract authorization forms; and verifying that contracts are on file and payments are consistent with that agreement.
· Conducts internal and external AP system trainings for Color of Change staff.
· Research AP issues related to invoices, payments, or vendors.
Oversight & Skill Set
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
· Effective organizational and time management skills.
· Able to use judgment in making decisions.
· Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
· Develop efficiency audits of AP process.
· Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence; exceptional file/data keeping.
· Provide periodic reports and corresponding records.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be a hands-on professional, with 2-5 years of experience. S/He will have a strong customer service mentality and desire for racial and social justice.
Some or all of these would be great to see in the ideal candidate’s background:
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
· Solid understanding of Bookkeeping, Accounting and Principles of Finance.
· Proven experience as an AP professional within an accounting environment.
· Experience with automated accounts payable and expense tracking systems; specifically Intaact, Bill.com, Nexonia, and Expensify.
· Strong data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
· Proficient in Google Office Products; Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click the link (https://colorofchange.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fe37) and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.