UNT Hillel Engagement Associate-Regional Hillel of North Texas
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillels of North Texas as the UNT Hillel Engagement Associate. You will reach out to new and under-involved students at the University of North Texas. You will be integral to growing our Jewish community on campus by building one-on-one relationships with students, working with student leaders on awesome events around campus, and inspiring students to make a commitment to Jewish life.
As the UNT Hillel Engagement Associate, you will think and act strategically, both independently and as part of the larger Hillels of North Texas team. With your approachable, dynamic and engaging personality, outstanding interpersonal skills, and talent for active listening, you will empower students to create their own connections to Jewish life that are meaningful to them. Bringing your commitment to pluralism and your own comfort with your Jewish identity, you will act as a role model and mentor for emerging Jewish adults. You'll wake up each day (or at least most) and be genuinely excited about creating an inviting place that inspires students to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives. This is so much more than your average 9-to-5.
What You'll Do:
- Actively shape UNT Hillel by engaging 40 new and under-engaged students through creative strategies to connect them to meaningful opportunities.
- Supervise a cohort of campus Engagement Interns, including the creation of curriculum, performance management goals, and facilitating biweekly meetings.
- Develop key relationships with professionals from the university's student life programs, helping to ensure positive positioning of Hillel in the university landscape as well as facilitating partners in the planning and actualization of programs and activities
- Lead campus-wide recruitment, trip administration, and post-trip engagement for Taglit-Birthright Israel with Hillel, engaging at least 20 new students each year in addition to providing meaningful ongoing follow-through with previous participants.
- Work with student leaders to engage first-year students, both during the summer and after their arrival at University of North Texas.
- Participate as a member of the Hillels of North Texas staff team in major programs, Shabbat and holidays
What You'll Bring to the Job:
- 0-2 years' professional work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and creative problem-solving skills.
- Confidence initiating and running engagement efforts, and comfort asking questions.
- Willingness to admit what you don't know, and excitement to learn in those areas.
- Excitement to continue developing your own relationship to Judaism.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), and Flexible Spending Plan.
- Generous vacation/sick time and parental leave.
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Opportunity to travel to Israel leading a Birthright Israel trip.
About Hillels of North Texas:
University of North Texas Hillel (UNT Hillel), the premier campus Hillel of Hillels of North Texas, started in 2000. UNT Hillel estimates 400 Jewish students on campus and hosts the majority of programming in the newly built University Union. Without a physical building, UNT Hillel staff and interns meet students where they live, work and/or study to build relationships. The longest running program at UNT Hillel is the annual Israel Fair. Hillels of North Texas also supports Jewish life at University of Texas at Dallas. We are a maturing Hillel with two full-time staff and part-time student interns.
As one of the nation's largest public universities, the University of North Texas is diverse with a robust campus life where students become part of the “Mean Green” family. The University of North Texas is located in Denton, Texas, a college town of 131,000 people and only 36 miles north of Dallas-Fort Worth.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillels of North Texas is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/sqb4r9r3v93q9wpb"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vNOEqW6hXdqBlsowEuAbxM">
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your resume and cover letter.