Deputy Director Office of K-16 Initiatives City University of New York
- Job posted by CUNY K-16 Initiatives
16 Court St
Office of K-16 Initiatives
City University of New York
The City University of New York’s Office of K-16 Initiatives seeks a Deputy Director to provide strategic oversight and leadership to a group of programs that share a common goal: helping NYC public school students make a successful transition to college, careers and life beyond.
The CUNY Office of K-16 Initiatives was established in 2016 as the home for a dozen new and existing programs that create innovative pathways for young New Yorkers to envision and achieve success. In 2017-18, our programs served more than 80,000 students from more than 500 schools throughout the city. While the programs address a diverse set of needs, they all aim to improve success rates and ease the transition from K-12 schools to college and careers.
CUNY's K-16 Initiatives support the city's commitment to equity by ensuring high quality transition programs help eliminate achievement gaps between racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups. Our programs are nationally recognized for their commitment to long-term student success.
The Deputy Director’s responsibilities are as follows:
- In collaboration with the University Dean, establish and support goals, strategies and processes for the long-term success of the Office of K-16 Initiatives
- Lead, coach, support and develop the managers of the specified K-16 programs and other staff as assigned by the University Dean
- Ensure programmatic excellence by monitoring and evaluating student achievement, staff performance, financial resource management, and enrollment/participation patterns across all programs
- Contribute to efforts to find new sources of funding for current and future programs from the public sector and private philanthropy
- Engage internal and external stakeholders, including CUNY campus and Central Office leaders, NYC DOE officials, community partners, and others to ensure that the programs within the Office of K-16 Initiatives have needed resources, polices and support
- In collaboration with the University Dean, develop opportunities for professional growth and learning for all program staff within the Office of K-16 Initiatives
- In collaboration with the University Dean, lead Office of K-16 Initiatives staff meetings and events
- Write reports for internal and external audiences with regards to activities and accomplishments in CUNY’s Office of K-16 Initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience required.
- A demonstrated knowledge and expertise of issues related to college readiness, transition and success, particularly for low-income and minority young people
- Supervisory experience working with educational program administrators and instructors
- Experience designing and facilitating professional and curriculum development activities
- Knowledge, professional stature, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with university administrators and faculty, and leaders in the non-profit and private sectors
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Strong budget management ability
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Patience and a sense of humor
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Competitive health and retirement benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender identities, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.
To apply, please submit resume and cover on through the following posting: