6100 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 600
The Senior Director of Individual Giving is a full-time senior-level professional primarily responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors/prospects and growing the number of annual donors, the size of individual donations, and converting annual donors to major donors. This person will carry a reasonably sized prospect pool and will be charged with significantly growing that pool.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Maintain fast-paced schedule of face-to-face visits to steward current donors and to engage new mid-level and major donor prospects, measured using moves management system.
· Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals, working collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals.
· Conduct prospect cultivation, directly and in collaboration with executive leadership team, programs staff and board members, as directed by Chief Development Officer.
· Conduct major gift prospect identification through wealth screening scores, member analytics, self-selection, and community research.
· Write individualized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship letters, proposals and reports.
· Help expand and manage the planned giving portfolio.
· Provide comprehensive, timely and innovative stewardship opportunities. Elevate the importance of stewarding all gifts and programs in ways that strengthen donor interest in, satisfaction with and commitment to Fulfillment Fund.
· Assist in developing strategies to upgrade members from direct mail solicitation to personal solicitation.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications and work with Senior Development Associate to ensure that donor records are kept up to date.
· Collaborate with team to plan events that maximize major donor and prospect cultivation opportunities.
· Assume other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience:
To perform this job successfully the Senior Director of Individual Giving must be a skilled major gift fundraiser with a track record of successfully and strategically identifying, cultivating and stewarding donors at the higher levels.
· Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of successful fundraising and direct solicitation experience.
· Proven track record of personally closing five- and six –figure gifts.
· Familiarity with moves management system.
· Experience with philanthropic foundations.
· Knowledge of planned giving.
· Ability to engage in significant local travel.
· Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to interface effectively with high-level Fulfillment Fund donors and senior staff members.
· Ability to handle multiple, complex fundraising activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word; experience with donor databases preferred.
· Proven communications skills including experience in writing direct mail appeals, e-appeals, websites, and social media communications.
· Experience with project management, budgeting, and event planning.
· Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow-through.
· Experience with education/college organization and knowledge of the education philanthropic community preferred.
· Passion for the mission and goals of Fulfillment fund.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to HumanResources@Fulfillment.org. Please include "Senior Director of Individual Giving" in the subject line.