Details: Commensurate w/ Experience
108-25 62nd Drive
Borough of Queens
SALARY: $55,000 - $60,000 per annum; commensurate with experience
SCHEDULE: M-F; 35 Hours/Week
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
Queens Community House, Inc. is seeking a Contracts Compliance Administrator (CCA) to support the Executive and Fiscal team with the execution, administration and modification of Federal, State, City and private revenue contracts that fund QCH programs. The CCA will ensure that QCH adheres to all compliance and reporting requirements. The CCA will facilitate process improvements and new approaches to managing contractual grants. This person will also assist with expense tracking, voucher submission and monthly reconciliations.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the CCA is responsible for oversight of all components of the post-award grants cycle including the fulfillment of administrative requirements for funded grants from government and private funders. The CCA will provides technical assistance and guidance in the preparation, submission, processing and management of existing grants, contracts, awards and all agreements for QCH. Finally, the CCA will ensure that the administration of sponsored programs is in compliance with federal, state and private agency rules and regulations, as well as those of the QCH Board of Directors.
- Create and maintain a highly reliable and efficient contract management process to oversee extant contracts, memorandums of understandings, letters of intent, sub-contracts and other requisite paperwork for all existing QCH grants, contracts and agreements. Maintain orderly files of critical grants-related documents.
- Oversee the processing of all vouchers/invoices/billing as provided by the QCH Fiscal team. Additionally, works with the Executive and Fiscal team to review grants and contracts expenditures prior to submissions for accuracy, completeness and compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant renewals and application by ensuring that grants and contracts applications are directed and submitted to appropriate parties for review/completion.
- Works with the Director of Administration to obtain and maintain updated administrative documents, ensuring no lapse in compliance.
- Acts as liaison with department administrators, the Executive Team and extramural funding agencies to endorse any edits to the proposals prior to institutional endorsement.
- Facilitate review and approval of Funding Agreements with the QCH programmatic staff and the COO/Executive Director.
- Reviews and provides supplemental and amended information to extramural sponsors on grant applications.
- Works with the Compliance Officer and the Director of Administration to ensure contract and license compliance for all programs and sites.
- Works with the Compliance Officer and the Director of Human Resources to ensure contract and policy compliance for all QCH staff.
- Works with the Director of Government Grant Writing on all pre-award submissions, as necessary.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with grants and contracts in government, healthcare, human services or another non-profit setting.
- Knowledge of online systems: Grants.gov, NYC HHS Accelerator, NYC PASSPort, Grants Gateway, and eRA Commons is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Windows OS including intermediate to advanced experience with Excel and Word; Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Notary Public Certification Preferred.
- Detail oriented; possess analytical skills, and be highly organized and a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong project management skills, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks while maintaining composure under demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work assertively but collaboratively and coordinate a diverse team of contributors.
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to HRtalent@qchnyc.org. No calls or direct emails to the COO will be returned. Resumes submitted without a formal cover letter will not be considered. Job title subject to change as this position may be added to the QCH Management Team.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - DRUG FREE WORKPLACE