Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
POAH Communities, an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving affordable rental housing, is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Community Impact Coordinator.
Reporting to the Community Impact Manager, the Community Impact Coordinator will be responsible for empowering and supporting residents in the following ways:
- Assess the needs of residents and families living in POAH Communities’ by administering an annual resident survey
- Develop and implement supportive service programming in collaboration with residents, site staff & management and local community service providers
- Coordinate the delivery of services with local human service providers
- Establish goals, track and measure progress. Analyze and use resident and program data as the basis for continuous improvement.
- Identify promising programs or opportunities for youth and families in the community, examples include: afterschool and summer programs, career coaching and job training, budgeting workshops, health benefits enrollment and workshops, community engagement activities, and more
- Effectively and creatively communicate with residents (such as by newsletter, flyer, bulletin board, door knocking etc.,) to ensure residents are informed of available resources and programs
- Maintain all necessary information regarding services to residents in a confidential manner following the regulatory guidance provided by HUD. Remain updated on Fair Housing, mandated reporting and other pertinent HUD rules and regulations
- Collaborate and coordinate with Property Management team to ensure residents remain stably housed and in compliance with lease terms.
Qualified candidates will ideally have:
- College degree ideally with a focus in social work, urban planning, public health, human services, or community development
- Minimum of one year prior experience in resident/social service programs (preferably in affordable housing)
- Ability to work with and motivate diverse resident populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and basic computer skills
- Ability to travel throughout the neighborhood and engage in door knocking efforts
- Basic proficiency in the use of computers including Word, Outlook and Excel
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workforce.
About POAH Communities
POAH Communities is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building and improving communities. Beyond providing safe, comfortable, and affordable homes, we believe that well-managed housing can empower residents and serve as a platform for their success. Nearly half of POAH’s properties have staff members devoted specifically to resident support and we are growing. POAH Communities strengthens and supports the portfolio through local and national partnerships, internal corporate support and outreach, and a focus on positive outcomes for our residents:
- Stable Housing: Ensuring all residents have an opportunity to realize their goals by removing barriers to staying in their home and growing within the community.
- Health: Supporting access to quality healthcare for youth, adults, and seniors across our portfolio.
- Education: Pledging to grow pathways to quality, affordable childcare, afterschool, and adult education.
- Employment: Strengthening partnerships with local employers and educational institutions to support income growth for individuals and families.
- Financial Stability: Through a variety of innovative programs and partners, encouraging the use of quality financial products, financial coaching, savings, and planning for the future.
- Community Engagement: Integrating our goals with those of the community to galvanize resident leadership in support of a better quality of life in all of our communities.
POAH Communities has specialized in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 25 years. Initially founded as Midland Property Management, Inc., POAH Communities became part of the Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (“POAH") family in 2001, and currently manages close to 12,000 affordable housing apartments in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Ohio and Rhode Island. POAH Communities has 350 staff members and maintains offices in Kansas City, Boston and Chicago. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com.
Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.
Minimum Education Required