121 W. 27th Street Room 301
MADRE seeks a skilled Operations and HR Coordinator to help build and strengthen our operations and Human Resources Capacity. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to MADRE’s mission, the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks carefully and quickly, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage complex situations with sound judgment and discretion. Reporting to MADRE’s Operations and Human Resource Manager, she/he is responsible for providing assistance and support with the daily operational functions of MADRE’s administrative, human resources and humanitarian aid systems in order to maximize the organization’s effectiveness and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including: monthly expense reports, credit card and petty cash reconciliation statements.
● Maintain vendor accounts up-to-date, monitor/ process invoices and process check requests.
● Make photocopies; mail, scan and email documents; and perform other clerical functions.
● Work closely with Membership Coordinator to ensure all credits card, checks and cash donations are processed and deposits are made in a timely manner.
● Prepare and process donations into Etapestry database.
● Provide administrative support with outsourced IT firm and various vendors to assist with equipment maintenance and other basic technical issues.
● Ensures kitchenette and supply rooms are stocked, determine inventory levels of supplies and submit purchase order list for processing.
● Assist with other duties as assigned.
Personnel Support & HR Coordination:
● Assist the Operations & Human Resource Manager with Paychex’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) service team regarding all MADRE personnel and human resources matters such as PEO annual enrollment for the organization and other staff related matters.
● Assist the Operations/HR manager and Paychex PEO HR generalist to improve human resources policies, procedures and employee manual; maintain employee files and complete annual employee file audits.
● Complete and verify I-9 forms, maintain and conducts annual I-9 files audit.
● Assist with job announcement posting; Provide prospective employees with new hire information package, employee manual and employee benefits, etc.
● Maintain Replicon time attendance system, ensure updates are made in a timely fashion, enter new employees, assign supervisor, grant new employees access and generate reports.
● Manage the internship and volunteer programs, including outreach, correspondence with candidates, interviews and orientation.
● Responsible for organizing staff events such as birthdays, farewells, lunches, breakfasts, etc.
● Schedule meetings and interviews as requested by the Operations/HR Manager.
● Manage and maintain multiple email accounts and prepare correspondence as requested.
Helping Hands Program
● Work directly with Operations/ HR Manager and Grantmaking/Partnerships Director to ensure annual in-kind procurement goals are meet.
● Coordinate procurement efforts of in-kind donations and the logistics of local and international shipments.
● Responsible for completing and submitting grant applications to secure bulk donations; responsible for completing field reports, drafting program updates for the website, social media channels and donor mailings.
● Maintain communication with partners, vendors and donors to build and maintain relationships and provide program updates.
● Monitor and maintain excel database; ensure all required documents have been submitted and collected in preparation for the annual audit.
● Assist the Helping Hands Initiative with outreach, acknowledgement letters, maintenance of database, generating reports and other tasks as assigned.
● Associate or Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in business, human resources management or a related field and a minimum 4 years or more of relevant professional experience.
● Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google sheets and Google Docs, server management and eTapestry database.
● Strong oral communication, verbal, research, writing and editing skills.
● Attention to detail, ability to multitask and prioritize projects and deadlines.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Detail oriented.
● Possess high integrity and maintain confidentiality of information
● Fluency in English is required
● Intermediate or fluent in Spanish
● Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English is required
Intermediate or fluent in Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Salary commensurate with experience. Flexible start date.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTIQ individuals, and candidates with disabilities to apply. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that our capacity allows us to only respond to those candidates best qualified for the position.