In this fertile era of the #metoo, #timesup, and #neveragain movements, the role of an anti-violence agency such as Womankind becomes even more powerful. Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. Whether our advocates are working with clients on their individual healing, fighting for their right to language access, facilitating family legal or economic empowerment help, or marching along with peer organizations to ensure equitable access to immigration, housing and healthcare solutions, Womankind brings critical resources and deep cultural competency to help Asian communities find refuge, recovery, and renewal. We work with survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence across the lifespan. While we focus on the underserved Asian immigrant community, we welcome all survivors. Womankind offers a 24/7 helpline, counseling and case management services for survivors and their children, emergency residential housing, immigration and family legal services, and other support services.
With a $6 million annual budget and offices across 6 site (and growing!), Womankind is seeking an Operations Manager support our sites, technology, and vendor needs. This position has great potential for growth. Operations Manager position is full-time with benefits, and officially reports to the Associate Director, Human Resources & Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with all sites (community offices & residential houses) to ensure all day to day operations and office needs are met
- Serve as the primary liaison for all IT requests from employees
- Coordinates and maintain various office equipment, including vendor contracts and repair services
- Negotiate the purchases of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with Agency purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Negotiate leases, contracts, and construction for our sites
- Oversee the condition and maintenance of office equipment, including the working status of telephones, copier, mail machine, fax machine, etc.
- Research, evaluate, and make recommendations of organizational tech needs, office supplies, and facility needs and implement upgrades
- Conduct operations onboarding orientation of new staff and offboarding of exiting staff
- Oversee purchasing, inventory, restocking, and organization of office supplies
- Responsible for office space management, including placement of new staff, coordination of office move or start-up, purchasing and installing new furniture and equipment, etc.
- Liaise with building management and community offices’ property owner
- In charge of preparing outgoing mail and distributing incoming mail
- Contribute to policy development and implementation
- Responsible for the facilities’ day to day operations
- Other duties assigned
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects at a time and follow-through on assignments.
- 3-5 years of similar experience
- Strong and effective verbal & writing communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction or structure
- Ability to effectively complete multiple tasks, priorities, responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with diverse populations and within a team structure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendors
- Proficient computer and IT skills
- Prior experience with VoIP phone communications system strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Office 365) including Outlook
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Ability to be self-directing and highly motivated.
Minimum Education Required