1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Please note: Power to Decide is based in Washington, DC but for this position, we are willing to consider applicants located within the continental United States.
About Power to Decide
Power to Decide, the campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy, believes that all young people should have the opportunity to pursue the future they want, realize their full possibility, and follow their intentions. These beliefs guide our work to ensure that all young people have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant. We provide objective, evidence-based information about sexual health and contraceptive options, and we
work to guarantee equitable access to and information about the full range of contraceptive methods.
We are a national, non-partisan organization that is committed to common ground, common sense solutions and catalyzing innovation in the public and private sectors.
The Senior Manager of Digital Fundraising and Marketing will create, implement, and manage the organization’s digital fundraising strategy under the direction of the Chief Development Officer. The Senior Manager will also work closely with the Sr. Director of Digital Programs & Education on activities that elevate and enhance the organization, its brand, its objectives, its programs, and its successes. We are looking for an individual who is energetic, outgoing, creative, with a strong ability to build productive relationships across constituencies. This is a new position within the organization and will report to the Chief Development Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the development and implementation of an integrated strategic digital fundraising plan to generate a sustainable revenue source for the organization.
- Create and implement four comprehensive digital fundraising campaigns over the course of the year which would integrate all social platforms, email, and website while working with the Marketing and Digital teams to implement.
- Create and implement grassroots fundraising for the contraceptive access fund and engage and work with partners interested in implementing this campaign within their platforms.
- Lead the direct mail campaign of the organization and integrate with the digital strategy where applicable.
- Write all fundraising-related letters, emails, and social media posts, except those regarding Foundation funding.
- Assist in refining and growing digital brand messaging strategies that advance the organization’s digital brand identity and broaden awareness for its programs among a variety of audiences.
- Assist in the implementation of an integrated content marketing strategy for the organization’s digital platforms and materials.
- Conduct general market research to keep abreast of digital fundraising and marketing trends and creative digital fundraising strategies.
- Work with the digital team to integrate strategies on optimizing digital opportunities on social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Use organizational digital analytics to inform continuous improvement of campaigns and brand identity.
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of advancing the organization through digital means. S/he will be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. S/he will value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be collaborative and proactive; and work effectively as part of an integrated cross-functional team. S/he will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and unplanned pregnancy prevention, and be passionate about health equity and creating a culture in which all young people can thrive.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- S/he will have demonstrated experience in digital fundraising and integrated marketing, particularly with a nonprofit or NGO organization.
- Experience with current digital fundraising trends and practices required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and strong attention to detail are an absolute must.
- S/he will have a passion and skill for digital fundraising and marketing, and must be able to build relationships, follow through, meet deadlines, and be organized.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously; ability to work independently on long-term projects.
- High degree of creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- A passion for the written word, but also audio and video content as well.
- The ability to complete assignments independently in accordance with accepted practices with an eye for resolving any conflicts that may arise.
- Strong research and analytical skills in order to evaluate the performance of activities.
- A proven record of working collaboratively across departments to complete assignments and deliver results.
The Senior Manager of Digital Fundraising and Marketing is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and Power to Decide has an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, and generous leave. Power to Decide is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive, multicultural environment. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, parenting status (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniformed service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required