3333 California Street
The Fellowship in Family Planning is a community of nationally renowned family planning experts at the forefront of teaching, research and clinical care in abortion and contraception. Established in 2001, it is the only fellowship in the nation that provides the opportunity for obstetricians and gynecologists and family medicine doctors to develop high-level research and clinical skills in contraception and abortion. The Ryan Residency Training Program is a national initiative striving to integrate and enhance contraception and abortion training for obstetrics and gynecology residents. Established in 1999, it has worked with over 90 programs and 300 faculty across the country. Both programs are based at the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health at the University of California, San Francisco.
The National Office Specialist provides data and administrative analysis to the Kenneth J. Ryan Residency Training Program in Abortion and Family Planning and the Fellowship in Family Planning. This person will provide critical support to the Ryan Program and Fellowship managers at the National Office, including coordinating meetings and conferences, creating programmatic informational documents, editing reports, managing accounting and gathering, and monitoring program data for the Ryan LARC (Long Acting Reversible Contraception) Program. This position will be responsible for interaction with both internal and external faculty and staff, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex meetings, and will need to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The National Office Specialist will:
- Support the Ryan LARC Program Director in all aspects of the LARC program, including data collection, coordinating quarterly orders and tracking and processing budgets and invoicing.
- Provide support for all Ryan Program activities, including scheduling site visits, coordinating conference, project and meeting follow-up, organizing project reports, assisting in pre and post follow up for annual scholarships, awards and elective placements and editing documents and drafting communications.
- Provide general programmatic support to the National Office, including, updating job the program website, managing Fellowship graduation requirements and issuing certificates, tracking and distributing Fellowship publication lists, organizing the Fellowship quarterly job posting and organizing follow-up for Grand Rounds speakers.
- Manage accounting for all aspects of the National Office, including speaker and site visit honoraria, research review stipends, elective rotation reimbursement and payments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or an equivalent combination of work experience
- 1-2 years of work experience in an administrative capacity
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access, specifically in database creation and management
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects efficiently
- Commitment to working as a member of a team and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills
· Knowledge of academic medicine, specifically medical education and training, and structure of obstetrics and gynecology departments
· Knowledge of the field of abortion and family planning services
Competitive salary and UCSF benefits, including health, dental and vision
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit both your resume and cover letter via the UCSF Careers webpage, http://www.ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/, searching for Req number 50056BR under “advanced search.” We are an equal opportunity employer.