Vital Strategies, based in New York City, is an international public health organization. We develop and oversee programs to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities. Our specific programs include road safety, obesity prevention, tobacco control, and activities to strengthen public health data systems and the use of public health data to guide policy and decision-making. Activities are based in low and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
The Position Specific Duties
Vital Strategies is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer. This is a full-time position based in New York City. Applicants must possess a valid work permit to work in New York City.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and office management support services for our CFO. He/ she will be responsible for organizing the CFO’s calendar, managing all the Finance and Audit (governance) committee meetings, communicating with senior level staff and Board Members, taking minutes during finance meetings, and managing multiple projects and requests at the same time. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and take pride in solving problems. He/she will be able to anticipate situations that require action, and exhibit poise and maturity in dealing with sensitive information.
- Manage the CFO’s calendar, and coordinate all internal and external scheduling requests.
- Organize various regularly scheduled meetings including departmental, finance and audit (governance) meetings, and act as a liaison for Board Members, etc.
- Partner with other administrative staff to coordinate and prepare for meetings, including drafting and distributing meeting agendas, and taking copious notes at the meetings (as requested by CFO).
- Provide support to the CFO regarding written correspondence, as well as proper filing of correspondence and other documents, including the handling of all travel arrangements.
- Coordinate with other departments within Vital Strategies to maintain the CFO’s action list and follow-up, as well as overseeing smooth work flow and assisting in compiling briefings and reports.
- Submit all travel related requests, and prepare travel itineraries and meeting agendas, as well as briefing materials. Reconcile travel expense reports and submit in timely fashion.
- Compile data, verify and organize materials for reports, and assist in preparing reports for presentation.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication, as needed.
- Manage special projects, as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Set:
- A minimum of three years administrative work experience in support of an Executive
- Four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience supporting multiple managers and/or providing support to a larger team
- Computer proficiency in PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel and Google
- Familiarity with Finance is a plus
- Experience preparing presentations (PowerPoint primarily) for executive meetings and conferences
- Keen critical thinking skills and proactive problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented bearing with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once in a fast- paced environment
Vital Strategies offers competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where Vital Strategies pays generously towards the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 15 paid vacation days (rising to 20 paid vacation days from fourth year of service and 25 from seventh year onwards), 13 paid federal holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; paid sick days; retirement savings plan; commuter benefits and basic life and personal accident insurance.
Vital Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Please send CV and a cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: April 30, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.