420 5th Avenue
We have new position for a Strategy Analyst that will provide strategic planning and problem-solving support to the Customer Office as part of the Strategy & Analytics team. This is a small, tight-knit team that will focus on understanding key issues as it relates to the GIRLS we serve, the volunteers we support and the Councils who are our partners in delivering on our mission. The role will report into the VP, Strategy & Analytics who will provide close supervision, coaching and support.
This job could be the right fit for you if:
- You have at least 2-3 years of strategic analysis experience working in a consulting firm
- You have strong strategic problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, a high level of personal initiative and the ability to work well in a distributed, fast-paced environment.
The role will report into the VP, Strategy & Analytics who will provide close supervision, coaching and support.
- Engage closely with the Customer Office team to understand the business and the problems they are looking to solve.
- Personally drive specific components of a problem as part of a team, generating critical insights and tailoring and delivering effective recommendations.
- Proactively pursue sources of data and insight needed to complete analysis and ensure pace of progress and quality of analysis are maintained in line with the expectations of the supervisor and manager.
- Collaborate closely and regularly with the supervisor to align on work planning, iterate on solutions and find workarounds as needed.
- Contribute effectively to the work-streams of others on the team as required, and to solving the broader problem being solved by the team as a whole, through full-team problem-solving.
- Manage progress against objectives, highlighting roadblocks as soon as they arise and taking full personal ownership for high-quality timely delivery.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in a strategy role either in house or with a consulting firm
- A Bachelor's degree is required in a relate field of study
- Demonstrated ability to distill data and information into insights and actionable recommendations
- Superior analytical abilities, team-working capabilities, and results-oriented nature
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Especially in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including communicating complex information with clarity to diverse audiences, and preparing and presenting reports and other written communications to GSUSA and council stakeholders
- Ability to work in a complex organization and foster effective working relationships within and across the organization
- Strong organization, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
More about Girl Scouts of the USA:
Take the Lead Like a G.I.R.L!
When she's a Girl Scout, she’s also a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™.
When you think Girl Scouts, you might think cookies, but there’s so much more to it!
Girl Scouts are big thinkers, groundbreakers, and role models. Every day, Girl Scouts unleash the power of G.I.R.L. to make amazing things happen.
- We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
- Girl Scouts offers every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
- Girl Scouts has always emphasized the importance of being civically engaged.
- We’re introducing Girl Scouts of every age to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to help them see how they can actually improve the world!
- Girl Scouts offers to high school girls the Girl Scout Gold Award which represents the most prestigious award in the world for girls—and the most difficult to earn—and it’s only available to Girl Scouts.
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Minimum Education Required